Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Performance Barrels?

krowpots

Hi Folks, I am curious as to why I don't see AR Performance barrels recommended/used more? It seems like for the price they offer really great performance? Is it just because it is a small shop that doesn't make that many barrels per year, or is the performance just not there?

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

I have never heard of that company, so can not comment on them. I can say that there are so many companies selling decent barrels at very good prices, that it is hard to really stand out without a lot of advertising these days.

Ar15 Performance?

They are great barrels, known more for their 6.8 SPC barrels than anything. I know a couple guys who have their 5.56 barrels and the shoot very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are my two AR performance barrels. A 16 inch 6.8 SPC II above an 18 inch 223 wylde. I use the same lower for hunting and rifle games. Both are easily MOA rifles.

c9c75c1f040b7775caf8829d825f72d5.jpg

Harrison, The owner of ARP is very active on 68forums.com. He goes by "constructor" Some quick searching over there will show you what the barrels are all about.

Single group...

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?34497-ARP-223-Wylde-accuracy

Multiple groups...

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?57176-Accuracy-of-my-223-wylde-16-quot-ARP-barreled-upper

I've lurked for a long time, this is the first time I've had cause to post up and ask a question. Been trying to put together a best bang for the buck build, and ARP had cheap barrels with great specs but little info.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I guess it is just a supply problem. Special thanks to you DesertTortoise, I was aware of the 68forum but for some reason your post didn't come up with the search function. Nice shooting!

I had heard H got banned from a lot of other gun forums like ARFCOM and M4Carbine.

On a side note, what do people thing of his "super" bolt in 5.56? Seems almost like an LMT enhanced bolt (minus the duel extractor) for <1/2 the price?

Edited by krowpots

On a side note, what do people thing of his "super" bolt in 5.56? Seems almost like an LMT enhanced bolt (minus the duel extractor) for <1/2 the price?

I bought the super bolt at the same time as my 223 wylde barrel simply because it gets matched to the barrel if you order together. In a bang for the buck rifle, I think any bolt will do. If you are going to wildcat or load hot, then get the stronger bolt. I don't think matching the bolt to the barrel is necessary either. This is just my opinion tho since I'm not an engineer, wildcatter, or anything else.

Edit to add, those weren't my groups in the link. I don't have that kind of patience.

Edited by DesertTortoise

• 2 years later...
On 7/8/2016 at 10:04 AM, TonytheTiger said:

He also pisses people off on Snipershide pretty regularly.

He's pompous and brags that he makes barrels as a hobby and doesn't need the money. He bragged about having a boat and living in the Florida keys to a customer that just wanted a working gas tube that he wouldn't replace.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using one of his 16in 6.8 barrels. The accuracy is outstanding. With 110gr Hornday Black ammo, I'm MOA with the 3-9 Leupold VX-R Patrol optic I have on it. Took a decent sized whitetail this year at 200 yards and couldn't have asked for better accuracy.