Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stitches in the palm of my strong hand

How long do I need to take off from shooting? The stitches come out in a week and there are only two of the suckers, anyone have any experience?

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

I would ask the doc that did the work. Of course I'm like you and probably want to shoot. If I didn't want to ask the doc then I would just wrap it and shoot.

I had a slide stop break on my shadow, trying to free up the slide from the frame I put the edge of the slide on a bench and went to punch the grip and the web of my hand caught beaver tail. Just a puncture, the width of the shadow beaver tail at the widest. I got stitches up in the ER and I didn't get a chance to ask the doc as a tier 1 trauma patient came in. Would have done urgent care but it was at the end of a week night match and all the urgent cares were closed.

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

6c1c852dfe7220ab6be8cfedd2aa06e0.jpg

A sixteenth of the stitches so like a quarter of the time right?

Its just pain :closedeyes:

Your body is pretty smart.... when you can tolerate it its probably ready. Just remember to wipe the blood of f your gun when done.

Edited by sfinney

Patience, grasshopper -- let it heal. Take the opportunity to rest, reflect, and practice your weak hand ninja skills -- I learned a lot during a couple of two hundred round sessions devoted to only one handed shooting....

Then when you're all healed up, do the same thing with your strong hand....

6c1c852dfe7220ab6be8cfedd2aa06e0.jpg

A sixteenth of the stitches so like a quarter of the time right?

A little "New Skin" painted on and off to the range :)

Good news! Just put about 40 rounds down range freestyle. At the end of the session of WHO, I tried a few targets freestyle and it was fine. Reaching the mag release causes some aggravation but it's bearable. Too bad I don't shoot open or limited and I could ignore the darn thing!

Good news! Just put about 40 rounds down range freestyle. At the end of the session of WHO, I tried a few targets freestyle and it was fine. Reaching the mag release causes some aggravation but it's bearable. Too bad I don't shoot open or limited and I could ignore the darn thing!

Good news. Try mag release with weak hand