Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights for Glock 22 in Limited

FWSixgunner

OK, with the helpful advice of a fellow member, I took the plunge into unknown (for me) waters and bought a LEO trade-in Glock 22 to get started in USPSA Limited on the cheap. I currently shoot IDPA w revolver (hence the unknown waters)

Now, sights fitting the following parameters:

For my 56-yo eyes, I definitely need an FO front with daylight on either side to pick it up quickly, but still enough precision for the longer shots I hear about in USPSA.

I'm a very experienced reloader but new to the Glock and .40. If I want to download for production, can I expect same POI? Or should I consider going adjustable?

Also it seems the competition sights I've looked at are designed for the 34/35. Would height be correct with the shorter 22?

Muchas gracias!

Here ya go: https://dawsonprecision.com/1-seller-dawson-precision-glock-fixed-competition-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/. They also make the rear sight with wider notches if you buy the front and rear sights separately. These sights should be on for the G22, but if not Dawson will give you a new front sight for free: https://dawsonprecision.com/product_images/uploaded_images/perfect-impact-policy.jpg?t=1440019909

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say either Dawson or TTi sights. I have both and they both have their pluses and minuses. I had Dawson's on my 35 and TTI on my 22. I swapped them and like the Dawson's more on the 22. On my 35 the TTIs are poa/poi up to about 40 yards.

Oh plus Dawson has their perfect impact guarantee. If your sights don't line up as far as poa/poi call them and they will fix it and send a new sight. My 19 went thru 4 before I could get perfect poa poi.

Edited by DJGroove

• 1 year later...

I too am setting up a G22 for Limited.  My sight choices are a 0.140" wide U notch rear sight from 10-8, and a red fiber optic from Dawson, 0.215" tall and 0.115" wide.   This will give me a sight picture just like I have on my TRP 1911 that I use for Single Stack.  I might have to tweak for elevation much as I did for the TRP. The 0.215" tall front sight is the shortest one recommended by 10-8 for their U notch rear sight if going on most Glocks.  If elevation is off (shooting high most likely), I can file some from the top of the rear sight.

Ordered these sights today, will post how they work out after I get a chance to shoot with them.