Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar-15 Mount For Pro Diamond

Michael Brown

I just got a bmas (Bushmaster) rail extender and a set of high weaver "wal-mart" special rings. It is perfect. The rail extender lets you put the scope wherever you want it. It seems to be a tight setup.

We mounted one using the Armalite one piece mounts. Have it as far forward in the mount as possible. We got one to see if we could break, have not done so yet, but we are trying. :D

If this is a keeper, you might want to use something like the GG&G Rails to get the scope further forward.

GG&G extended top rail on sale at Botach. $60.00 Some Warne high quik throw rings. Gets my leupold, same specs as the Simmons, far enough forward as I like to put my nose up against the charge handle.

I am using a one piece mount M & A Mount for my Simmons Pro Diamond. I like I can take it off my M4 and put back on my Aimpoint while leaving it locked in the mount. I don't get to shoot much 3 gun so I just use my M4 which is my truck gun so I need to be able to switch back and forth.

Neal in AZ

Check out Voigt's scope in the last FRONT SIGHT.

Tall rings on the back half of the scope.

That's just wrong. :o

It would save me having to buy an expensive rail extender...

The Swan rail and TRS 1" rings I have for sale would work perfectly for this aplication and they are just $125.00 for the rail AND the rings. KURTM

A lot of the mounts shown so far put the scope way too far back for me - I would end up with an eyesocket full of ocular lens. This scope needs some 3" of eye relief and that lets you do fast transitions...

I went with a GG&G Scout Rail and a set of medium hieght rings so that I can get it high enough and far enough forward to work in prone and kneeling positions. Works great, is sturdy, and I can attach folding sights should the scope have to come off.

Billski

I'm ordering a LaRue EER today for the Gator for use with a 1.5-5X Pentax. I'll let you know how it works when I get it. Yeah, it is spendy, but I want to be able to swap back and forth between the Pentax and my Aimpoint and not worry about my zero.

• 1 month later...

Have anyone tried this rail extender from Hahn Precision?

100002203c.jpg

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...+TACTICAL+RAILS

I have a pair of Tactical Precison high rings which are about 0,6" high measured from bottom of the ring to inside bottom of ring saddle. With this rail extender and rings the scope would be 1,1" high. Does that place the scope too high?

anttiman,

The rail you have there looks really close to the GG&G Scout that I have and should be excellent.

Which ring height you use is another matter, and is largely a matter of personal head/neck shoulder shape personal choice. I use medium rings - low rings caused me to really have to get down on the stock to see through the scope, and high rings required me to lift my head off of the comb, but medium rings were "just right". Some folks with a really slender neck and face could probably get away with low rings, and somebody with a wide face might need high rings.

Remember to play with fore and aft position of the sight while doing transitions, prone, and kneeling. You need a position and ring height that works on just about everything.

Hit the middle,

Billski

• 3 months later...
I'm ordering a LaRue EER today for the Gator for use with a 1.5-5X Pentax.  I'll let you know how it works when I get it.  Yeah, it is spendy, but I want to be able to swap back and forth between the Pentax and my Aimpoint and not worry about my zero.

Big Dave,

Did you get the LaRue EER? If so how do you like it and do you have a picture?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by MCFooter