Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brianenos.com Forum Member Shoot!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've added a POLL to help determine what everyone prefers :) Have at it.

I think I'd probably show up, regardless, but... The "social" format has an appeal because it's far easier from a match officiation standpoint - very low overhead, etc. Easier for all of us to see each other shoot, and socialize, etc, too. The big match (or the "low overhead" option I discuss on the poll) has a lot of appeal for me, too - great way to practice all the stuff we talk about here.

I see no reason (except for range construction) why we couldn't do some 3-gun stuff. As part of a "big match", we could do a side match of some sort, if we have the space. As part of a "social" match it fits right in. We probably couldn't just do a 3-gun match, as we'd be excluding a lot of folks that don't play 3-gun. In fact, as a side match or part of the social match, the bragging rights for our left vs. right hand shotgun reloaders ought to be a pretty hot contest ;)

Heck, I'm just happy to see some discussion on this..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, the poll is going nicely :) I'll put another poll up to discuss location, but I need some choices for it...

We have the range in OK suggested by Azone41 that sounds like it has *everything* we need. We could put on a match there late this year, or early spring next year.

Sandoz, Phoenix is out - sorry, man. I confirmed w/ Brian separately that there's really nothing else there.

If you know of a range that would be willing to host the match (I'm not asking for an MD, just a facility), please post here, or send me a PM, so I can include it in the poll. It would be best to highlight times where the facility would be available, and that the weather will be reasonable, too. Try not to give me "It'd be great to have it <xx>", please :) That's what the eventual poll will be for.

I voted for low overhead, bragging rights only. I really like the idea of an entry fee to benefit the forum.

How about everybody goes out to the garage tonight and digs out their biggest and best trophy, peel the engraved label off it and bring the trophy with you to the match. Brian could autograph the base for a great match collectable! Maybe have the other members sign also. A great way to bring home the wood.

geezer

I think that this is a great idea. Count me in. I can't wait to try shooting everyone's guns. Maybe a stage where you must trade guns on a man vs man. And a BBQ cook off. Man, this is going to be Sturgis with a gun. :D . Maybe BE members only until a certain deadline, then open it up. This has so many possibilities....

If you host it, we will come....

Mike

Okay, let's suggest possible ranges and then put them up for a poll as XRe suggested.

These are ranges near me that could possibly handle a large match:

(I am not voting for any yet just suggesting facilities which should go on the poll and of course there may be other reasons why one or more gets dropped from the list later.)

First Draft Long List of Benosverse Forum Shoot Possible Venue:

The OK range suggested by Azone41

PASA in IL

Silver Creek Conservation Club in Sellersburg. IN

Bluegrass Sportsmens Club in Lexington, KY

Atlanta CC North of Indianapolis, IN

I'll let Flex name the Ohio ranges he feels are appropriate.

The choice of facility will dictate time of year. We should have perfect weather!

For example, the SCCC range would be great the second week in May, i.e., the week after the Kentucky Derby.

Thanks for getting that started, Dale :) Rex (Precision40) has also suggested another OK range - Indian Territory Practical Shooters Club.

I don't know if they are available..... but they are certainly capable of hosting the match/get together....

Clarks range Shreveport LA

Double Tap ranch Witichta Falls TX

Jackson MS (patches's place)

FWIW

HOP

Hopalong's signature line reminded me of another location. I am also an NRA life member, as I suspect are many forum members. We could check out the Whittington center in New Mexico. I'll see what I can find out....Unless someone already knows???

We should also put Frank Garcia's range in Frostproof on the list.  The non-shooters in the family can go to Disney World while we party.

I am all about Frostproof!!!!!!!

Now we're talkin'

Hell, I'd drive to Jax just to pick Nemo up so I could ask the appropiate number of questions!!! ;)

I am all about Frostproof!!!!!!!

Now we're talkin'

Hell, I'd drive to Jax just to pick Nemo up so I could ask the appropiate number of quwstions!!! ;)

Z, if I'm willing to drive to OK with you asking questions all the way, Frostproof would be EASY! ;):)

I'd love to see THE GATHERING happening in FL because I live here, but I know this swamp is not too centrally located. Another vote here for Frank's place.

PA mode on

Dr. Smitty

Dr. Smitty

Paging Dr. Shannon "That's Hot" Smitty

/mode off

I've been to the Frostproof range - very nice (I shot the '98 FIPT - way fun match!). Is there someone in that area willing to play liason, though?? :) We can't be volunteering a range that'll never host us, even if it *is* a nice place!!! :):lol:

EDIT - BTW, Dale, do you know that those facilities that you listed would be able to have us???

The Silver Creek Club and the Bluegrass club could both host the match. The board of each facility would have to approve the event and determine the range fee but with the kind of notice we can give them I would suspect both are doable. I do not know about the others, they are worth checking out because they have the range facilities.

When we get down to the short list we can make further inquiries.

Wow, souds like fun. Near big airport OR some kind of carpool would be nice. Rent-a-car end up quite costly.

Wherever it is, can we have forum handle stickers on? Otherwise I never get names/faces straight!

Brian, Kelly N and I have the third Sunday match, I could talk to the guy that runs the third Sat match and make it a 2 day affair.............let me know, I am sure that KellyN would not have a problem with it..............How about Sept or Oct.............?

Steve H

Brian,  Kelly N and I have the third Sunday match, I could talk to the guy that runs the third Sat match and make it a 2 day affair.............let me know,  I am sure that KellyN would not have a problem with it..............How about Sept or Oct.............?

Steve H

Steve - which range??? Sorry for my ignorance :)