Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hottest 38 Super factory ammo

vscorsa

Hi All,

To cut a long story short I have just moved to the US from Australia where I shot IPSC open. My reloading gear is still travelling here so I am trying to find a hot factory load which I can run in my ST DVC open gun until I can start reloading again.

Any suggestions?

I am also looking into running a lighter spring in the interim to see if that will work, the gun is brand new so very tight at the moment with only having 100 rounds through it today. We ran Aguila 38 Super +P which is a 130gr pill and claims to be running at 1220 fps which is under power factor by a little.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks for the quick reply EEH, can you ship ammunition within the US from state to state? We are in Nevada.

We are looking forward to getting into the 3 gun as well so the research for building a AR has started!!

Edited by vscorsa

Another +1 for AA.

I bought several thousand rounds of this ammo from a fellow shooter that was getting out of the game. It is 125 gr JHP 38 Super Comp. It is very high quality ammo and everything I have chrono'd comes in at an average power factor of 171.

you should be happy with it. I know a few aussie guys who attended the last world shoot in the US used the atlanta arms ammo in open (38 super) and were very happy with it. No issues with chrono and by all reports very reliable.

If that's the same stuff as the match ammo from the 2011 world shoot it won't. Made 155-160 there. I do see that someone else selling it says it's 1411fps in a 6" barrel.

The Geco advertised at 1411 fps chronoed at 1386 fps (172 PF) from my 5" Kart barrel.

Edited by superdude

If that's the same stuff as the match ammo from the 2011 world shoot it won't. Made 155-160 there. I do see that someone else selling it says it's 1411fps in a 6" barrel.

It's the same stuff but they've since made it hotter after the worldshoot feedback. Back before I reloaded I tried it and it makes 171-172PF out of my Trubor.

Some quick feedback, the AA ammo arrived within about 6 days and ran perfectly through the DVC with no feeding issues for the 100 rounds I put through today. Unlike the factory ammo which just didn't have the punch of the AA ammo.

Looks like we have solved the ammo problem until my reloading gear arrives, time to order a 1000 AA rounds.

Thanks to everyone for their help.