Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Was about to get stock 2, now thinking stock 3...help!

scubadds

I am ordering something today/tomorrow. (in 9mm)

Plan to send it to Jim Bodkin and go thru it...

I plan to shoot production, maybe some 3 gun with it (I guess IDPA is out)

I also do "tactical" classes, which I usually run a glock...

The choice was down to Limited Pro or Stock 2. But I started thinking I may want to put a light on it sometime.

I had a stock 3 in 10mm, but sold it as I couldn't get a 9mm slide.

But,I really didn't shoot it much at all, because I did't have much 10mm ammo. (wasn't loading it then)

Now, I think I can now get a 10mm slide, sell off one of my 1006 S&W 10mm's

I am not sure why I got off the EAA platform as an option, it seems CZ has more following; I did put a deposit on a Shadow; but after looking at it, it sure does seem a lot like a Stock 3. I was also nervous about the blued Stock 3 rusting or excessive wear; but I am now ok with honest wear; and I can always get a new finish (robar or cerakoat down the road if needed)

So I hope the backstory convincing me to get a Stock 3 doesn't pull me away from a better production oriented gun like the Stock 2 or Lim Pro

Not sure why you couldn't get a 9mm slide for your 10mm in the first place. That said, none of my other slides fit my 9mm Stock 3, so, I need to have them fitted, and they are not even close.

EAA didn't ever have a 9mm slide. They said it easier to get conversions in "less desirable" calibers...

"Lim Pro is IDPA legal if you wanted that option."

Thanks, that is a good suggestion

My plan might be to consolidate down a few other guns and get 2 EAA's

Edited by scubadds

I previously swore by my s2, but lately I've been shooting my s3 better. Lim pro just doesn't work as well for me.

I wonder why.....

The reality is the all will be adequate for me...I think I just like the look of the S3 (especially after I saw a pic of one in NP3 Robar)

.....I guess I am tactical timmy...

guys, you are not making this easy....

Perhaps I should get the Stock 2 now, while the are in stock....

Then sell off a pistol and get a Stock 3 later (get rid of Smith 1006 and get the 10mm slide for the S3)

Does the extra weight of the S3 really affect moving onto target?

Edited by scubadds

S3 , Limited pro and S2 are some of the top production guns , but every one tends more to the stock 2 , the main advantage is the conical barrel , the stock 3 has a longer frame ,11mm longer than the S2 and 12mm longer barrel ,personally i think it's a nice gun to shoot but not accurate as the stock 2 . just my 2 cents

I think at USPSA and especially IDPA matches, the SI SII SIII. and Lim pro are more than accurate enough.

Only the SI and Lim Pro are legal in IDPA (something had had concern with).

I really don't think most shooters are going to see a significant difference inside of 50 yards.

Does it absolutely need to have a rail. If so, your options are the s3 or maybe attach a light to the glock.

If not, s2 has the conical barrel, and if you want the longer barrel s2 maybe you can order the AUS version.

I went through the same decision as you s2X v s3X at the start of the year. The s2 won as I prefer how the conical barrel locks up, slightly less slide mass and the fact it is a bull barrel.

If I ever buy a s3x, it'll be for the rail.

Im planning on adding a Hard Chrome s2 AUS with all the goodies to go with my Xtreme AUS in the future when funds allow.

Oh, and you can win with any of them ;-)

Edited by goshimu

I am gong with the stock 3 for now. Sending a check to Jim bodkin tomorrow

If u sell one of my 1006's 10mm and get a slide for the tanfo then I may can swing another pistol before too long.

Jim shot a Stock III at Cowtown and won production.

Heck you can give the old fart any da/sa pistol, he can beat a lot of people lol..?????...

I consistently shoot better groupings at 20 yards with my Stock 3's than my Stock 2's. Not sure why? I guess the Stock 3 just agree's with me more.