Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate ESP

1911vm

Not sure you can have an accushadow with the bushing.

I shot my Accu Shadow Lite in the ESP Division all last year in several sanction matches without any problems.

My mistake, I'm confusing the ruling for ssp.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure you can have an accushadow with the bushing.

I shot my Accu Shadow Lite in the ESP Division all last year in several sanction matches without any problems.

My mistake, I'm confusing the ruling for ssp.

So in ESP, you can have the non factory mod(barrel bushing)?

Your link is for the czechmate.

The TS IS 8.86" according to CZ website

Oh okay then the IDPA box 8.75 so you still need to lose length.

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

Overall length is 10.47 inches. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-ts-czechmate-9mm-black-2x20-rd-1x26-rd-mags/

IDPA box 8 3/4. That picture is a fake if it's a TS slide instead of a normal full size.

it's definitely not my picture. I took it from a CZ forum where there's a similar discussion

Overall length is 10.47 inches. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-ts-czechmate-9mm-black-2x20-rd-1x26-rd-mags/

IDPA box 8 3/4. That picture is a fake if it's a TS slide instead of a normal full size.

it's definitely not my picture. I took it from a CZ forum where there's a similar discussion

Maybe the frame it's on is different. Some people even reduce the beaver tail but that seems excessive to me.

I don't have experience with the longslide gun being discussed, but a TS will fit the box*.I have a larger safety so the lid wouldn't close, but would have with the factory safety.

In the picture of the CTS in the box, look at the back of the magwell. It has been relieved back to the grip. Now, that still does not change the length of the gun which is the measurement without the magwell. As I recall, there is a provision that allows for the box to be slightly oversized and still be legal. I don't remember how much "slop" is allowed. This box may be one with a little slop.

I don't have experience with the longslide gun being discussed, but a TS will fit the box*.I have a larger safety so the lid wouldn't close, but would have with the factory safety.

So the Tactical Sport will fit, but it's too heavy and the full length dust cover keeps it out of esp.

Edited by LeviSS

I was shooting a classifier with a different gun and the MD had a box. I also had the TS with me. It fit the box he had, except for the safety. I have no reason to think his box wasn't correct, but no proof it was.

The dust cover and weight are the issue.

I have a SA Shadow with a magwell (exactly like the ones pictured) it will fit the IDPA box with the right base pads. The thick rubber base pads are a no go. My CTS LS P does fit the box as well ... But it is tight. Had a stage at CASA that started cocked and locked in the box ... The little extra length from hammer being back gave me issues getting the gun out... Next time in the box will start hammer down. Lol

I guess I should ask a proper question. Can I swap them back and forth

Yes, You just need to remove the firing pin block in the SP-01 Slide. You can also put the Shadow slide on the SP-01 frame but you would need to remove the firing pin lifter arm and replace with a spacer.

I just got a 75 Shadow SA for esp. I am going to put on the IDPA legal magwell and base pads.

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk[/quote

I wish I could. Was talking to Cz custom shop. And since I have to get 10 rounders there is a difficulty making the base pads work with the magwell.

I have battled with which gun I like the best. As far as scores it is had to say ... I think that any area that one gun is better there is different area that the other is better... The CTS sights settle a little faster on long shots due to weight and length ... The SA draws a little faster due to being shorter and lighter.. With the magwell I get get a good grip on the draw every time ... Mag changes are surprisingly better for me with the CTS (due to having larger basepads) ... I have committed to only trading with one gun ... The CTS is the only one I shoot now.. Prob should sale the SA

So I am going to ask the question. How does a shadow with magwell compare to a 9mm 1911 set up the same way. Does anyone one have shot them side by side?

I've been asking (to myself) the same question. The only answer I can come up with is that the CZ should be more reliable. The 1911 can be prone to malfunctions with the shorter 9mm. The CZ is a 9mm based design so in therory it should have less issues.

I do not have a Cz yet. But both of 9mm 1911 that I have have never had any malfunction that was not me or magazine related. And truly very rarely at that. No more than any glock.

I have a cajunized SP-01, a 75 SA Shadow with magwell and a Springfield R.O. with magwell. I have only shot the R.O. in one competition. I had some trouble with it returning to battery. It may have been due to my reloaded ammo or it may not have. I haven't shot it much since then. Reloads are slower for me with the 1911. I have to hit the slide stop with my support hand thumb to drop the slide. Plus, hitting the single stack hole, even with the magwell is slower than the CZ. Also, both CZs auto forward upon receiving a stout mag insertion. I'm sure my 1911 reloads would improve with more practice.

Shooting the same ammo (147 gr with 130 PF) the R.O. slide cycling seems a little sluggish. I'm sure a load tailored for the 1911 will produce better results and may fix my returning to battery issue. However, since it seems I cannot screw up a CZ, I will most likely keep shooting them.