Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10 question. 10+1?

gunner50

The rule states that you are only allowed 10 rounds in the mag after the start signal. One chambered isn't in the Mag. Is this allowed?

Also is there a rule in place that states you must reload after ten rounds?

So if I run 10+1 and I reload after ten shoots I don't have to drop the slide to chamber a round.

Thanks.

That is what most do. Around here we call it a Barney round. I do it in Single Stack. And there is no rule that states when you have to reload. You can reload after 2 if it keeps you on track with the stage.

Edited by BARRYJ

The rule states that you are only allowed 10 rounds in the mag after the start signal. One chambered isn't in the Mag. Is this allowed?

So if I run 10+1 and I reload after ten shoots I don't have to drop the slide to chamber a round.

Thanks.

You don't have to reload after 10 rounds.

You can reload sooner or later if you want to.

If you have 11 in a magazine after the start, you move to open.

Edited by bret

The only time you won't be able to have 10+1 is on unloaded starts.

Not sure I understand the reload question but in general USPSA is freestyle. You can do pretty much anything you want in the stage as long as you don't break one of the safety or procedural rules.

reload question .... was from another shooting telling me I can run a "Barney Round" but could not shoot 11 times before reloading. So I had to reload as if I only started with 10 rounds.

Wrong answer. You can run dry if you want.

reload question .... was from another shooting telling me I can run a "Barney Round" but could not shoot 11 times before reloading. So I had to reload as if I only started with 10 rounds.

Wrong answer. You can run dry if you want.

Great. Tango Mike

Thanks.

You don't have to reload after 10 rounds.

You can reload sooner or later if you want to.

If you have 11 in a magazine after the start, you move to open.

Wouldn't he be moved to Limited instead?

Jrswanson1. Yes If I where to load 11 or more I would be moved to limited. So many different shooting Organizations......... I'm glad to finally be getting clarification

You would be moved to Open

No, he would be moved to Open.

Rule 6.2.5.1 - However, if a competitor fails to satisfy the equipment or other

requirements of a declared Division during a course of fire, the

competitor will be placed in Open Division, if available, other-

wise the competitor will shoot the match for no score.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I should cite the rule.

6.2.5.1 However, if a competitor fails to satisfy the equipment or other requirements of a declared Division during a course of fire, the competitor will be placed in Open Division, if available, other- wise the competitor will shoot the match for no score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, ROs will be (ok, should be) counting shots.

After regular, loaded starts you can only shoot 11 rds once in a stage, followed by a max of 10 rds per mag after that. After an unloaded start, if you shoot 10 rds and aren't at slide lock, you're in Open.

After regular, loaded starts you can only shoot 11 rds once in a stage, followed by a max of 10 rds per mag after that. After an unloaded start, if you shoot 10 rds and aren't at slide lock, you're in Open.

No, he isn't. ...perhaps he has the followers on his mags fixed to not lock the slide back? If he fires 12 rounds without a reload anytime he is in open. You can run a 32 round course and on your last mag, still have 11 in the gun at the reload.

I wasn't aware of rule 6.2.5.1. I can agree with that rule. It makes since to me. If I declared limited 10 and didn't conform to the rules for limited 10 it would put me in open. Understood thank you.

To dumb it up and write it with a crayon. If 12 rounds are fired with out a reload it is illegal.

And 10+1 is legal at the start of a loaded pistol start.

No, he isn't. ...perhaps he has the followers on his mags fixed to not lock the slide back? If he fires 12 rounds without a reload anytime he is in open. You can run a 32 round course and on your last mag, still have 11 in the gun at the reload.

You're right, of course, if his gun is fixed not to go to slidelock (although most Prod and L10 guns aren't set up that way).

Yes, if he shoots 12 without reloading at any time, or 11 after going to slide lock once, or11 at any time after an unloaded start, those are the clues that he violated the rule.

Thank you. I will be saving this thread and showing the next RO. Lol. I was skeptical but I believe what I have been doing is right. Now to worry about something else I'm sure I'm doing wrong. All good information. Limited 10 isn't big around my parts. And I have never shot against anyone in limited 10 in my squad.

Teros, you can shoot 11 after an unloaded start and not be breaking the rules. Picture this: unloaded start, load gun with 10, shoot 6, reload gun with 10= 11 in the gun all legal like

Teros, you can shoot 11 after an unloaded start and not be breaking the rules. Picture this: unloaded start, load gun with 10, shoot 6, reload gun with 10= 11 in the gun all legal like

Please my post #17. I said without reloading. Getting into semantics will only confuse the guy who asked the question. :cheers:

Only because semantics matter, when you put "or" in the post it changes what you are trying to say, I simply did not want the OP to get confused.

Edited by RJH

Close Grumpy, but again not quite. On an unloaded start, you can fire ten and have your slide forward -- but as the RO I'll put myself in position to know if you racked it after inserting the mag, if it didn't go to slide lock.

Then again, at another match with an unloaded start, I saw a competitor have a brain fart and get moved to open. He loaded his gun and after the start fired eight rounds at the first array, then reloaded. One of the ROs working the stage picked up every competitors first mag, and counted the remaining rounds for competitors in L10 and Production -- three came out. Welcome to Open.....

Got a stage where you start unloaded, really want 11 in the gun to start, and have some movement? After the start, load with ten, rack a round in and immediately reload, all while moving to your first position. Got that idea from watching the super squad on an unloaded start with significant lateral movement to either end of the stage -- where the best plan was to shoot ten rounds on a mixed steel and paper array from each end.