Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titegroup replacement for VV N320?

gixxerjunky

I am getting tired of constantly battling not being able to find N320 and looking for a replacement.

I shoot 147 rn in a CZ shadow custom, P01, P09 (ordered), MP9, and a MP shield. Oh yea and a suppressed Scorpion EVO.

I need to make minor power factor as well.

I'm looking to get a solid load for the CZ Shadow that I can use in all my guns. I don't care for constant load development.

So can titegroup fill all of these roles and especially work with a suppressor?

For the record I am loading on an XL650 and using digital scales that BEnos sales. I also have an RCBS Chargemaster. I have probably loaded less than 10k rounds but have heard titegroup is one of the more dangerous powders.

Should I look into something else that can fill all my needs that's easier to find than N320?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't tell much of a difference between N320 and Titegroup. The recoil was different, but one was not softer than the other. Additionally.. it's minor 9mm.. you'll be well ahead to just find a load, stick to it and get used to it, rather than chasing the softest mouse fart unicorn of a load.

Titegroup is softer than WST and WSF in my experience and also less temp sensitive..

Ramshot may be worth a try, but it (and the Winchester Powders) could be almost as scarce as N320.

It's election time, judging by the last 2 elections, you'd probably be well served to buy 2 years worth of powder and soon. Titegroup goes a long way at 3-3.2gr per 147gr bullet.

I couldn't tell much of a difference between N320 and Titegroup. The recoil was different, but one was not softer than the other. Additionally.. it's minor 9mm.. you'll be well ahead to just find a load, stick to it and get used to it, rather than chasing the softest mouse fart unicorn of a load.

Titegroup is softer than WST and WSF in my experience and also less temp sensitive..

Ramshot may be worth a try, but it (and the Winchester Powders) could be almost as scarce as N320.

It's election time, judging by the last 2 elections, you'd probably be well served to buy 2 years worth of powder and soon. Titegroup goes a long way at 3-3.2gr per 147gr bullet.

^^^^^^^^^

wisdom

I am at about 5K rounds of Titegroup with 3.3 grains and 147grain Xtremes. No issues whatsoever, I'd also submit that any powder is dangerous if one double charges. Just pay attention to what you are doing and no issues. The following helps (I have the 550 version):

http://inlinefabrication.com/collections/lighting/products/skylighttm-led-lighting-kit-for-the-dillon-650

I am really liking Nobel Prima V as a replacement for N-320 in 9mm . Basically I started out using a Titegroup starting load and worked up . I currently am loading 3.4 grs with a Bayou 135 gr. LRN 1.13 OAL and 3.8 grs with a Bayou 124 gr. LRN 1.14" OAL and have been able to exceed minor power factor in my 4" and 5" 1911's . Light recoiling and very clean . Only drawback I've found is that the powder has to really settle in your powder dispenser before you start loading .