Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil master blow out

Dirtchevy841

Has anyone ever had the guide rod shoot out of the reverse plug. This happened to my buddy Friday only thing left in the slide was the spring and to end caps. What would make this happen he wants to know. Is it because it was worn out or something else.

5" Full length guide rod.

I feel like a real newbie now. After I sent that post it hit me lol. Since I stepped up into limited all these parts and companies with letters and learning all of them I thought it was something new. I feel like an ass. Lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed, just remember that the FLGR will effect the balance of the gun. Tungsten is heavier, I have to think SS or blued steel would be pretty similar to the Recoil Master, then aluminum is available for a lighter front end.

• 2 months later...

On assembly after cleaning a pretty much brand new gun my recoil master bound up and would not allow me to open the slide.

Had to send the gun to STI to get it fixed, at my request it came back with flgr , problem solved.

Flgr breaks also and shoots out like the op said.

Everything breaks occasionally.

It is a frequency thang .

:)

Agree. So why replace RM with flgr just because the rm broke?

Because the FLGR and spring are cheaper and last longer than the RM.

That is where I got to after talking to a gunsmith about it.

I also like the ease of playing with different recoil spring weights.

Would have kept the rm if I felt any benefit to having it though. Without any upside, for my personal preferences, it did not make sense to me to live with the downsides, even though I think they could easily be lived with.

That is where I got to after talking to a gunsmith about it.

I also like the ease of playing with different recoil spring weights.

Would have kept the rm if I felt any benefit to having it though. Without any upside, for my personal preferences, it did not make sense to me to live with the downsides, even though I think they could easily be lived with.

Again i agree with all these. I also replaced my rm with flgr immediately for all these reasons but not because it broke. My point precisely. The initial posts did not make these things clear.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard to many horror stories with the recoil master. So i changed before something happened. I went with a tooless dawson FLGR. I run different springs for major and minor so it makes it super easy and quick to change out as well