Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

gsi or mr bullet feeder?

anaxagoras

I've got 3 super 1050s and i want to start adding bullet feeders to them. I load for 9, 45, 40, 223, 300blk, 308. I like the idea of being able to keep a powder check die with the gsi, but i like using micrometer seating dies for some loads since i have a few different combinations i use and you can't do that with the gsi. I like the price of the mr bullet feeder better, but i'd rather invest in what i'll be happiest with in the end which how i ended up with 3 1050s... So which would you go with?

Edited by anaxagoras

I can't comment on the gsi, but I went with a MBF and I have zero complaints. It was pretty easy to set up and aside from a handful of upside down bullets (literally a handful, maybe 6 or 7) and I've loaded a few thousand trouble free rounds. I anticipate another 15k in the next 6 months and if the first 5k was any indicator the next will be just as easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After already owning two MBF's I toyed with the idea of trying the GSI, just for the diversity sake.

What killed that idea was the bullet shape selection - you have to specify exactly the type you are going to be using.

If you suddenly decide to change it, you are SOL.

With MBF the cost of conversion kits is much lover - about half of GSI's, plus the same caliber kit will handle virtually ANY bullet shape and weight, with some simple adjustments.

To me this was the final answer. So I bought the third MBF.

Plus the GSI looks soooo darn bulky, compared to the compact MBF.

GSI has much, much more beautiful models... sorry, Rick! Sorry, Saul! :)

Maybe so, but when the model plugs in the power to the GSI, the socket is moving too. So much for QC.

The cost of the GSI is in the toolhead and why buy a bulletfeeder with a proprietary toolhead?

I make my own collators and run the GSI feeders, when I can but I have the old KISS feeders for rifle.

The GSI billet tool head/feeder without the collator costs around $320, a regular Dillon 1050 tool head is $200 by the time it gets to your door.

So for $120 more than another factory tool head, I get a feeder that I can run powder check and feed/seat in two steps.

Edited by jmorris