Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullets vs cartridges

BrianKr

Very very close to real hatred...

One of my pet peeves are shooters who don't know the difference between a bullet and a cartridge/round/ammo. We're shooters, we're supposed to know! Hellywood doesn't and they're welcome to their ignorance and to demonstrate it. You have no idea how much dislike I have for shooters who allow Hellywood to dictate our definitions and seemingly don't know the definitions. Hey! Wake up! It's what we do!

The other thing high on my list... "The democratic convention"; "The democratic primary". it's the "Democrat convention" and the "Democrat primary" and they're democrats not democratics, you ninnies! (talking heads)

Has anyone ever heard of the Republicanic Convention or the Republicanic Primaries? Of course not. They're Republicans.

Democracy/democratic is a form of government, not a political party, The party is Democrat. The form of government, at least in the USA is a Republic, not Republican.

Years ago, there was a terrible movie who's name I've chosen to forget, but starred Mario Van Peebles, that showed a fired bullet as the entire cartridge traveling through the air. I turned it off shortly after.

Friend of mine who has been a USPSA shooter for decades calls bullets "bullet tips" and/or "bullet heads". I look at him and say "Huh? Do you mean bullets"? Then I call him a jackass.

i heard someone say this at the range recently...i didn't know him, so i just let it go, but in my head all i could think is "moron". He was also offering advice on reloading....i just laughed and walked away. I would no sooner take advice from a reloader that calls them "bullet heads" than i would a mechanic that calls tires "donut shaped things".

Years ago, there was a terrible movie who's name I've chosen to forget, but starred Mario Van Peebles, that showed a fired bullet as the entire cartridge traveling through the air. I turned it off shortly after.

ROTFLMAO!