Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting Tactical Sport to DA/SA

spook

Negative, the 97 is a large frame and the TS is a small frame (albeit a wide bodied small frame). The TS utilizes a uniques frame and trigger bar.

If you want a heavy, accurate DA/SA CZ75 pattern pistol I suggest buying a Tanfoglio Limited or Hunter and converting it to DA/SA. The trigger bar is the same in SA and DA/SA Tanfoglios.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

@tha1000: The ideal PD gun. My thoughts exactly. How CZ hasn't come up with this is yet is surprizing to me. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

@kneelingatlas: Thanks. That would be my next question ideed: can it be done with a Tanfo then?

So the answer is yes. Nice!

Maybe start looking for a Limited HC then. Too bad Tanfo doesn't have flat safeties as a standard option. But since this one will be for Standard/Limited anyways, that's nothing a dremel can't fix :)

Too bad Tanfo doesn't have flat safeties as a standard option. But since this one will be for Standard/Limited anyways, that's nothing a dremel can't fix :)

Nooooooo! Before you hack up those beautiful paddles let talk about trading for smaller ones :)

Well there you go. Shows my hole in TS knowledge. I was wondering about the trigger bar but couldn't remember if it was sa or not.

Kneinfatlas: could you not fit a spo1/75 /etc trigger bar? Might be an issue with the TS mags fitting in the trigger bar but you can convert the TS to run shadow mags. That might get it going. Still a lot of effort to get a da/sa cz.

I tend to agree shadow 2 is a lot like a da/sa TS. :)

Edited by BeerBaron

Well there you go. Shows my hole in TS knowledge. I was wondering about the trigger bar but couldn't remember if it was sa or not.

Kneinfatlas: could you not fit a spo1/75 /etc trigger bar? Might be an issue with the TS mags fitting in the trigger bar but you can convert the TS to run shadow mags. That might get it going. Still a lot of effort to get a da/sa cz.

I tend to agree shadow 2 is a lot like a da/sa TS. :)

I did a write up when i got my TS a while back that details some of the mechanical differences of the TS and 75 and has some picture of the inside of the TS. If you are interested here is a link. The interior pictures are twords the bottem of the post.

What is a CZ Tactical sport?

I have not pulled the trigger bar out of my TS but it seams that it is not designed to interact with a disconector.

Edited by Tok36