Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enos Forum Member Shoot

Know what would be really fun? Having a get together (match/shoot/party) for form members and others in AZ or some agreed upon location. We could put some real faces to these names and the personalities that go with them. We could raise some money for the website at the same etc etc and vendors that support this forum/sport would be great additions as well as a great business oportunity for them. B) .

I have met some great people through this forum who have taught me alot. It would be nice to give back in some way if just for the connection in person and a hand shake.

Any names for the event? "1st annual Benos steel challenge" or some such.

I would go in a heart beat.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like any event where traveling is involved, plan it way in advance and it can be done ( i.e. travel arrangements).

I can see it being a Major match, can't imagine we can't come up with 175 shooters, isn't that the required number for a Major?

January in AZ, not a bad location! Does not conflict with the Florida Open in Feb.

SO......

The Brian Enos Invitatioinal Shooting Match and BBQ Symposium!

January is okay. The week following the Area 2 match would be good. If I am travelling 1800 miles for a match I'm staying for at least a week. :)

I've been working on getting Brian to come to Ohio (we have his room ready).

I'll bet that, if everybody kicked in something like $50 (to help with his travel expenses), we could put togther a pretty nice cookout. Any extra funds could go to the forum.

Whoa!!!!

The idea is to create another shoot, not have a party at one already planned ;)

Let's not drop the idea of a Jan. shoot in AZ so fast!

I was already trying to figure out how to keep my humidity lovin' pistola from drying out in the desert! :)

I've been working on getting Brian to come to Ohio (we have his room ready).

I'll bet that, if everybody kicked in something like $50 (to help with his travel expenses), we could put togther a pretty nice cookout.  Any extra funds could go to the forum.

You weren't talking about the OH section match were you? I was thinking along a more elitist line of a shooting symposium for forum members with a match and bbq!! B)

Silently stomping my feet because I've suggested this at least once in the past...

I think it definitly has to be Ohio. Bringing BE back home. Might even give him a chance to visit with family.

It definetly has to be summer, because I'm sure his blood is waaaaaaay too thin for our winters now.

What if Flex could talk the Rayner's into a one time special match? The place is beautiful and has lots of camping area. Don't think anyone want to drive after the celebrating anyways.

I'm in, but you had me at member shoot!!!

You weren't talking about the OH section match were you? I was thinking along a more elitist line of a shooting symposium for forum members with a match and bbq!! B)

exactly ;) Have a fun 3 or so days of daily shooting, evening get togethers and perhaps a clinic or two by our more experienced members?

I am more in favor of having it in Az than Oh....maybe need a poll to determine where and when...summer this yr is too soon...already made plans...but Jan next yr would work for me...

In favor of a one day match...10 or so stages...and the next day...demos by some of the GM's on the forum...or a J ladder and a shoot out for the top GM..

don;'t think it needs to be more than a couple of days...two nights of really serious drinking and partying make the third day hell to get up and get going.... :P

I'm with Mr. Sunshine on the location. Maybe the thread starter can start a poll...

- AZ / winter / 1 day match

- 2 day

- OH / summer / 1 day

- 2 day

Also agree that it needs to be planned well in advance.

Anybody talked to BENOS about it?

Thats what I was hoping for with this thread......that Benos would be first ameanable to the idea and then create various particulars that we could solidify on with a Poll or two. B)