Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 Mounts

MikeRush

I am looking for an RTS2 mount that gets the glass as far back as possible. It appear's Chris Tilley's is a one off- I can't find it anywhere. I've looked at the JV, Doubletap, SV, Cheely, Rescomp, Limcat, etc. I think I want a blast shield, although I don't know it will do much good. It looks like the Doubletap might position the dot further back than the single sided mounts, but it is hard to tell from pictures. Has anyone handled/mounted a few of these that would be able to give insight on relative positioning?

Pushing it too far back with change the gun's behavior, you may or may not like it.

The SV mount has the blast shield, I have shot it a lot and there is no issue with the sight. And I have two large holes on top. It doesn't even need any extra cleaning.

One word of caution - it has too many holes, so mine cracked on the right, where there is little metal left. So if you decide to go SV, ask them for the one with no holes on the right leg, or buy the titanium one - I know, I know... quite expensive. I believe they can make one with no holes on special request, but it might take a few weeks.

Edited by Foxbat

The Infinity mount sits pretty far back compared to the rest I've seen barring a setup like Chris's. I have an Infinity mount that's a little too far back for my gun and I'm willing to let it go for a few bucks or the Double Tap.

Edited by theWacoKid

• 5 weeks later...

I have 2 FMW's and am happy with them. They come tapped for the wrong sight screws. But a nice mount. Approx .060" lower and .800" further back than the cheely.

What did you do for screws? I used the screws from my Cheely mount and they were difficult to tighten, but worked fine.

I also really like the thumb rest design on the FMW Mount. It comes drilled/tapped on the bottom for the rest and there are 2 options (30 and 45 degrees). It gives you quite a bit of fore/aft adjustment and allowed me to get the rest in the perfect position for my grip.