Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New RF 100

My new Dillon RF100 just arrived. After a minute to unpack I was up and running. With no adjustment it loaded Federal Small Rifle and Sellier and Bellot Small Pistol perfectly! I hope this keeps up but so far the RF100 ROCKS.

That's good to hear. I thought about one of these however there are enough horror stories of upside down primers that I'm still a little scared. Just can't live with two or three upside down primers every hundred rounds.

They always are temperamental. Some samples behave better, some like the particular brand of primers, some keep having problems. I had to send one back for adjustment, and it came back in much better shape, but still not 100%. All of mine have the rheostats.

However, I would not live without them.

Edited by Foxbat

I have been using a RF100 for about 2 years.... mounted on a Dillon 650... I don't get upside down primers... use the rheostat to lessen the vibration.. it will work 100% ..

Also, try using the primer follow rod in the RF-100 tube when you transfer the primers to the press.

I was having upside down and sideways primer seating, but once I started using the follow rod, all is better.

I have been using a RF100 for about 2 years.... mounted on a Dillon 650... I don't get upside down primers... use the rheostat to lessen the vibration.. it will work 100% ..

Pictures, please. How do you mount one ON the press?

Hello: I have had one for about 8 years now. I always had problems with sideways primers not feeding into the tube. I just replaced the small primer blue adapter and the clear top chute. Everything now is wonderful with Winchester small primers. This is the first time in 8 years that I have not had to stop the machine and clear the sideways primer. After all the years of fooling with this thing it now works the way it should. A couple of times it almost went for a flight across the room. Now it is easier on my blood pressure. Thanks, Eric

I only use Federal primers in mine. Most of the time it works great but every now and then I will have one that doesnt wsnt to clear the blue plug in the chute or gets stuck in the filler tube. Usually notice the primer isnt perfectly round. may be a quality control problem with Federal but i couldnt live without my RF-100!!!

That's good to hear. I thought about one of these however there are enough horror stories of upside down primers that I'm still a little scared. Just can't live with two or three upside down primers every hundred rounds.

I take most things said on the interwebs with a grain of salt, mid-Feb I ran a batch of 9mm, roughly 4K.... had one upside down primer, I almost feel like it was more common when I was manually loading primer tubes.

Manually primers is simply not an option for me. If only I could justify a second RF100 for LP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by safeactionjackson

I set the rheostat so it vibrates just hard enough to keep the daisy chain climbing the ramp. I think if you turn it up too much the upside down rimers can jump the cutouts where they fall off. Pure speculation on my part.