Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your Split?

BCGlocker

I was hosing the other day with my Glock 19, just a Polish job and a lighter disconnect managed a .13, 15's are doable on a regular basis, just have to work for them. Like the poster above, switched to a 2011 and now they come easy.

When I was shooting a Glock, they were around .15-.16

Now with a 2011 it's more like .11-.12.

That is awesome split! Was that with 5.5-lb or 3.5-lb connector?

3.5 and a lot of polishing. The key is to try to remove the slop. I always wanted a crisp break/reset over a lighter pull.

Your Glock split is similar to my old Para P16 splits (around .13-.16) and that is amazing. Now I am older and slower, shooting a Glock factory 5.5-lb trigger (carry gun), my split is .25-.35. I just can't go any faster. I wonder how much is due to old age (62) and how much is due to the Glock 5.5-lb trigger?

Your Glock split is similar to my old Para P16 splits (around .13-.16) and that is amazing. Now I am older and slower, shooting a Glock factory 5.5-lb trigger (carry gun), my split is .25-.35. I just can't go any faster. I wonder how much is due to old age (62) and how much is due to the Glock 5.5-lb trigger?

what are your splits with a good gun? That seems like the easy way to answer the question. Find an M class shooter with a cz or 1911 or tanfo and have both of you shoot both guns. Record the results. Report back to the group for discussion. :cheers:

Edited by motosapiens

Master class

2011 GANS open gun

.15 or so.

That's all A's and seeing.

Sure like to see these on demand .10's and .12's with accompanying video and of course the hits on target too.

I know some guys that can pull on demand .10's and .12's, but they know it's not practical and they know it gains them little. Basically it's a circus trick. They shoot the A's during matches and normally run .15's to .25's depending on target difficulty.

Edited by Chris iliff

Master class

2011 GANS open gun

.15 or so.

Sure like to see these on demand .10's and .12's with accompanying video and of course the hits on target too.

I know some guys that can pull on demand .10's and .12's, but they know it's not practical and they know it gains them little. Basically it's a circus trick. They shoot the A's during matches and normally run .15's to .25's depending on target difficulty.

me too. if i shoot a .10 it was an accident or hammer follow

Master class

2011 GANS open gun

.15 or so.

me too. if i shoot a .10 it was an accident or hammer follow

I honestly don't know what I could pull, but I'm guessing anything I got below .12 would be an accident, lol.

I do know a guy that can pull some freakishly crazy splits. You might know him,.....he goes by Truk Snave.

Master class

2011 GANS open gun

.15 or so.

You can watch some of my match video on youtube, there is usually at least one .12 or lower per match without trying for it and I averaged about 95% points last year across all matches.

And someone needs to convince old Truk to put more than one mag pouch on his belt.

Edited by Jake Di Vita

Master class

2011 GANS open gun

.15 or so.

You can watch some of my match video on youtube, there is usually at least one .12 or lower per match without trying for it and I averaged about 95% points last year across all matches.

And someone needs to convince old Truk to put more than one mag pouch on his belt.

That doesn't surprise me Jake, I've RO'd you and I've seen you shoot, lol. I'm positive you could "try" and be consistently below the .12's on most targets.

But for most, including this Master (albeit out of practice) .12's for now would be pushing it.

I'm a late starter at 55, nowhere near the times of you fast guys! I feel good getting .21 splits and get happy seeing the occasional 0.19 pop up.

It wasn't too long ago I started practicing. At that time they were 0.35s, so progress was made. But after quick gains, the times seem to be stuck!

Shooting tanfo by the way.

Ooooh. You are in trouble now. :devil:

Really? Not getting baited into it again. Go troll someone else, I have better things to do.

Really? Not getting baited into it again. Go troll someone else, I have better things to do.

says the guy who just got baited into it.

Note that it wasn't me that was trolling, btw, I just noticed that someone else said the same thing I did that made you freak out in the other thread.

Difference is, I like Chris more than I like you.

:cheers: Now you're starting to get the hang of using the internet. :roflol: You can be amused *and* share useful information at the same time, and reasonable people can tell which is which. :bow:

Jake, I honestly don't know what Moto is talking about. Nor, do I care to figure it out. I gave up on his negativity awhile back.

But to be clear,....... I wasn't trolling anyone.

But, your response made my day!

Edited by Chris iliff

Jake, I honestly don't know what Moto is talking about. Nor, do I care to figure it out. I gave up on his negativity awhile back.

But to be clear,....... I wasn't trolling anyone.

But, your response made my day!

more like curiosity and willingness to examine all sides of a situation in an attempt to learn more.

I'm actually very surprised to hear you use the word 'negativity', since I'm about the most positive and optimistic person you'll ever meet. I'm not always 100% serious, and I know that doesn't always come across well on the internet, and rubs some really serious people the wrong way, but 'negative' is definitely not a good description.

I know you don't care to figure out what the conversation was about, but in a different thread about splits, I flippantly referred to sub .10 splits as a 'circus trick' when it comes to production shooters, and it caused a bit of a commotion. You come across like skilled, experienced and thoughtful person, so I'm heartened to see that we appear to agree on the subject.

:cheers:

Edited by motosapiens