Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nasty powder!

JoeDean

I just ran 120 rounds of 9mm through my CZ-75 and starting to clean it. My load is:

Win. small pistol primer/ 3.3 grains RS Competition/ 115 Xtreme/ OAL 1.140" Vel. 955 fps

My CZ-75 is extremely dirty both inside and out. I have shot many pounds of Unique, Bullseye, and Red Dot, which are supposed to be dirty burning, but have never had fouling this bad. This load shoots well but, the fouling residue reminds me of Black Powder.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

Probably not hot enough. That's a pretty weak load and it's just not burning everything.

Same happens with GS6 in open major loads. The hitter you run it the cleaner it gets.

Could be light but, 3.6 grains is listed max and I'm only .3 grain below that. Chrono shows 1012 fps with the max of 3.6 in my CZ and Western shows 1003 fps with their 4" barrel.

How much you fellers run in 9's?

Could be light but, 3.6 grains is listed max and I'm only .3 grain below that. Chrono shows 1012 fps with the max of 3.6 in my CZ and Western shows 1003 fps with their 4" barrel.

How much you fellers run in 9's?

we shoot for a minimum power factor of 125 for minor but typically want about 132. So about 1150 fps Edited by Sarge

Most of the guys use N320 data with RS Competition. It seems Ramshot's data is a bit conservative. If you do a search on these forums for RS comp load data you will see what I'm talking about.

I run Ramshot Competition in all my 9mm's. The load I use is 3.1gr with a 147gr Rainer TRN - OAL 1.16 (in my G34 - 916 fps) (un my G19 - 878 fps)
For me, the powder burns clean as anything else, NICEST shooting 9mm load I have found yet.
As per a phone call to Western Powders, you can bump it up to 3.2gr with no problem.