Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dumb Question Time

mont1120

Should I ever decide to try Single Stack for fun, will an STI 2011 top slide in .45 work on an STI single stack frame? That way I could compete with the pistil in either Limited, Limited 10, or Single Stack, pick your poison.

If you already own the STI 1911 receiver, give it a try and see how it fits. If it fits tightly and the lockup is good, you will be fine. If the fit is loose, I would not do it. I tried that once and the loose slide caused rapid wear on the frame rails.

I have the 2011, but don't want to waste money buying the 1911 frame if it will not work. I was thinking it would be pretty cool to be able to slide off the slide.....ha, ha, and just slip it onto a 1911 frame. That way I have two great guns for the price of an additional bottom frame, not too bad a deal.

Edited by mont1120

I have the 2011, but don't want to waste money buying the 1911 frame if it will not work. I was thinking it would be pretty cool to be able to slide off the slide.....ha, ha, and just slip it onto a 1911 frame. That way I have two great guns for the price of an additional bottom frame, not too bad a deal.

it'll work, you'll just have to fit the frame and slide.