Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CFE pistol for a 9minor load. I can get for $18 per pound. YES OR

ShortBus

CFE pistol is what I use for 9minor. My preferred load it 5.2gr with 124 gr RN at 1.150", gives me 136PF. In my gun this is the most accurate for me. Interestingly enough, I find that Autocomp gives me the exact same PF as CFE, I don't even change the charge setting and it throws exactly the same weight. But for Major PF, I use Autocomp at 172PF and it seems to work the comp better. So now I use CFE for minor, and AC for major.

post-56380-0-36481900-1455816086_thumb.j

I have loaded CFE for 9mm minor. I dont remember the weight, but I loaded some behind a 124gn JHP with good success. It felt similar to my WSF load I developed. It is a slower powder than titegroup so It will feel different than TG/ 320/ WST/ Clays ect... I pay nowhere near $18/lb but its not bad. I think I got it around $23/lb. What I wouldnt give for $.011 primers :surprise:

5.0 grains of CFE-P behind a 124 MG JHP @ 1.075" out of a 3.5" barrel (Walther P99c) got me 1036 FPS avg, 49 ES, 15 SD. I didn't like how it felt as well as the N320 load I was developing at the same time, and the N320 load had tighter numbers as well, so I didn't bother messing around with CFE-P farther. OTOH, if I didn't have 8 pounds of N320 sitting on my bench, I wouldn't hesitate to use CFE-P for 9mm minor. It's going to be a bit "snappier" than some of the faster powders, but if you don't mind that, it should work fine, and especially at the prices you quoted, I think I'd be happy to put up with a little extra snap.

• 2 months later...

CFE Pistol powder

CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow Custom

Temp: 75F

5.0g, 125g Ibejihead Hi-tek coated

Avg 1080fps

Low 1071fps

SD 12fps

PF-avg 133.9

5.0g, 125g Blue Bullets

Avg 1101

Low 1066

SD 22

PF-avg 137.6

4.8g, 125 Ibejihead Hi-tek coated

Avg 1082

Low 1050

SD 17

PF-avg 135.3

Do any of you guys using CFE Pistol notice the outside of the cases burned up. I am loading up to 5.4gr using Berry's plated 124gr round nose and I am being told that I am not using enough powder to expand the brass for a good seal. I am seeing here that you guys are using even lighter loads. I have not had this load on a chrono to see what it is doing.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Do any of you guys using CFE Pistol notice the outside of the cases burned up. I am loading up to 5.4gr using Berry's plated 124gr round nose and I am being told that I am not using enough powder to expand the brass for a good seal.

I don't recall noticing that with the load I mentioned earlier in the thread, but it's been a year or more, and I didn't take notes beyond what velocities I was getting. I was making 128.5 PF with 5.0, although I assume my OAL was significantly shorter, so the pressure wouldn't be directly comparable, and it's possible that mine was higher.

Edited by olstyn

I use CFE for all my 9mm minor loads, 4.7 over 124r HP Xtremes 1.15 OAL.raser

I use 4.8 gr CFE Pistol with 124 gr MG jacketed round nose to get just over 130 pf. CFE Pistol is said to be Auto Comp with the copper eraser added. Loads are nearly the same with perhaps 0.1 more grains for CFE.