Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pinning the grip safety ?

ashman627

Yeah mine is pinned with a roll pin. I've tried the shock buff method and it works fine but mr postman makes a good point, it is introducing a potential failure point. It's unlikely to fail but the roll pin is even safer. In a game where reliability is everything it's worth the extra effort to do a little drilling. :)

It's pretty easy with a drill press but do able with just a vice and hand drill/dremel.

I agree that the pin would be the best idea for sure, but not having a drill press I simply don't trust myself to make the little holes free handed. Therefore I did the shock buff as a bandaid solution until I can get my gunsmith to pin it the right way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a few guys mentioning SS (Single Stack) which if you shoot that division, your BTGS must work, no? I could have swore they checked it at WSSSC last time i went.

In IPSC your primary safety must work, that being the safety catch.

Yeah mine is pinned with a roll pin. I've tried the shock buff method and it works fine but mr postman makes a good point, it is introducing a potential failure point. It's unlikely to fail but the roll pin is even safer. In a game where reliability is everything it's worth the extra effort to do a little drilling. :)

It's pretty easy with a drill press but do able with just a vice and hand drill/dremel.

I agree that the pin would be the best idea for sure, but not having a drill press I simply don't trust myself to make the little holes free handed. Therefore I did the shock buff as a bandaid solution until I can get my gunsmith to pin it the right way.

You really don't need a drill pres to pin the safety first drill the grip safety , put a pin in it see were it markes the mainspring housing and dril a hole in there to .

It doesn't have to be perfectly straight if it locks it is good .

I just had my pinned plastic mainspring housing replaced with a Dawson stainless one and now I'm hearing & feeling a rub (sounds like the mainspring?) when I cock the hammer? What gives? Sorry for the thread hijack...