Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 lock screw

SSGJohnV

I seem to have managed to lose the windage/elevation lock screw for my RTS2 less than a week after getting my new FGW open gun. I shoot the florida open next friday.

How screwed am I and what are my options? Cmores hours are monday-Thursday and I leave Wednesday afternoon. Thanks!

Might be screwed... It's a weird sized screw and has a little tip on it. I lost one a while back. I called Cmore and they said probably won't find one. They were right I went to hobby, RC and hardware stores and no luck. They did ship me one free of charge but took almost 2 weeks

The Florida open is in Frostproof right?

If all else fails I have an extra one and live about 30 min away in Winter Haven. I can't go to the open, but you could stop by after work one day and get it. Or I could meet you in Winter Haven or Lakeland.

Could somebody confirm what size the lock screw is please.

I think they could be 2-56 x 3/16 socket head screws (my spares) but am very

reluctant to risk losing the settings on my RTS2.

I know, I know, just another trip to the range :D

Edited by jacala

I had the same thing happen awhile back and was able to find a screw at a local hardware store that would fit, but it was much smaller than the original one. I tried calling C-more but was unable to get a hold of anyone. I will try calling c-more back this week.

Lock Screw size for RTS

I removed the lock screw from my STS (I have an RTS and a STS ) and compared a "spare" 2-56 screw and found that

the 2-56 screw is way too small.

5-40 screws are too big.

I will buy some 4-40 x 1/4" screws to try -- OR email C-More (duh)

Maybe I'm going nuts and bolts or SCREWY !

Lock Screw size for RTS

I removed the lock screw from my STS (I have an RTS and a STS ) and compared a "spare" 2-56 screw and found that

the 2-56 screw is way too small.

5-40 screws are too big.

I will buy some 4-40 x 1/4" screws to try -- OR email C-More (duh)

Maybe I'm going nuts and bolts or SCREWY !

Pretty sure I tried a 4/40 and won't work. Size is right but wrong thread pattern

Ok. So I can't find my order sheet and it was a phone order, I don't have the exact part number it in my history. That being said I am pretty sure it is this one right here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#92775a106/=118qmfe

It is a metric screw, takes a 1.5mm allen wrench. I remember when I ordered I couldn't get the exact 7mm length and had to go either 6 or 8. I went with 6. The one I gave to John was a spare out of an RTS2 that I have. The ones I ordered actually fit, but just are in a bit further when tightened. I didn't want them to stick out outside the back of the hole. I just double checked the measurements on one out of an RTS2 and they match the one I linked.

If I ever find the order sheet I will update this post, but I am not known to keep paperwork or receipts :mellow: