Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Mounting Options Help

wyliearms

Guys, I want to install a C-More on my Springfield 9mm Range Officer. I've been looking at mounts and have narrowed it down to 2. The C-More Serendipity or the new Double Alpha one : http://www.cedhk.com/shop/products/Double%252dAlpha-C%252dmore-Mount.html which would require the purchase of a Slide Ride etc. I know the AA one has a lot more features but the Serendipity is on sale now for about $210 and was worth a glance. I have heard of extraction issues with the Serendiptiy and it looks like the AA model eliminates that. I will be using the gun for Steel Challenge, low recoil rounds. I just didnt want to drill and tap both sides and find out later I should have went with the single side unit because of gun problems. Thoughts?

Hello: I would look at a single sided mount. I prefer a 90 degree mount since I shoot iron sights as well. The Cheely mounts are well made and is what I am using. I like the setback one the best. Thanks, Eric

So, it's safe to assume the single sided mount could have issues as well? Do you guys that shoot the 90's like them?

Hello: I would look at a single sided mount. I prefer a 90 degree mount since I shoot iron sights as well. The Cheely mounts are well made and is what I am using. I like the setback one the best. Thanks, Eric

So, it's safe to assume the single sided mount could have issues as well? Do you guys that shoot the 90's like them?

The only thing I personally don't like is the looks. But when you factor in no eject issues, much lower dot, etc that becomes trivial

My steel gun is a 9mm single stack with a Serendipity. No issues with reliable ejection - reliably hitting the plates..yes, but the cases eject fine even when I miss. As mentioned it is about ejector/extractor tuning, and the ejection port has been opened up and lowered. The Serendipity is about as light weight as it gets if you are looking to save weight.

If you have planned on having any slide work done (lightening, installing a comp, etc.) make sure they also open/lower the ejection port to give you a bigger ejection window. For light steel loads lightening the slide helps a lot. If you are good with hand tools it is possible to open/lower the port yourself...but a mill really makes it easy.

If i didn't use the serendipity I'd probably go with the double tap mount.

If you aren't going to do any slide work and you want an upright mount then the Cheely offset is worth considering.

Hello: On an open pistol you want the brass to come out very flat so it clears the scope and /or mount. The 90 degree mount puts the scope and mount further out of the way. The offset upright mounts do the same but still may be in the way. I would check your gun and ammo to see how the brass is being ejected. Then you can decide which mount will work for you. I would also look through different mounts to see which one looks better to you. Thanks, Eric

If your gun is a 9. You will have to "tune" all the parts to eject 100% with an upright mount. Many are offset to the left-which drives me nuts.

You will not have to fiddle or tune with a 90 degree mount. A 9 runs 100% and will stay that way until something breaks.

I have used a 90 degree for years.

I'm new to the open arena and I decided to go with the offset mount. I shot my friends open gun with the offset mount and didn't even notice it being to the left. I tried looking through one of the 90 degree mounts but to me it's about like closing my left eye....just doesn't work for me.

I'm new to the open arena and I decided to go with the offset mount. I shot my friends open gun with the offset mount and didn't even notice it being to the left. I tried looking through one of the 90 degree mounts but to me it's about like closing my left eye....just doesn't work for me.

Thats what scares me. The bulk to the left and my slight OCD. I'll give it a try I guess. The offset upright may bother me more though. It being off centered and all. They make pills for this I am sure of it...

Thats what scares me. The bulk to the left and my slight OCD. I'll give it a try I guess. The offset upright may bother me more though. It being off centered and all. They make pills for this I am sure of it...

Dude, get it right it's CDO you have to put them in the right order :).

Before you get the mount make sure there's plenty of metal in the area where you want to mount it. I was going to convert a Para Pro Custom 9 that I had into an open gun but the guy that was going to do the job advised against it after looking at the frame. He said it was thinner than he would like.

Dude, get it right it's CDO you have to put them in the right order :).

Before you get the mount make sure there's plenty of metal in the area where you want to mount it. I was going to convert a Para Pro Custom 9 that I had into an open gun but the guy that was going to do the job advised against it after looking at the frame. He said it was thinner than he would like.

NO YOU DIDN'T LOL.

The RO looks to have enough and this mount seems thinner. I am going to go home and measure it tonight though to see. There are several guys running these on 1911 style frames. What mount was you using Zack?

The RO looks to have enough and this mount seems thinner. I am going to go home and measure it tonight though to see. There are several guys running these on 1911 style frames. What mount was you using Zack?

I was going to use a 90 degree mouth but I was going to let the gunsmith decide.