Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will 2016 finally be the year of a US made AR mag fed shotgun?

gose

Yours should be OK , it's the flange on the mag that's week, coupler is plenty stout.

I'll give you 2 choices

1; I can send a new coupler

2; use it til it breaks, send everything back, we'll send you a new mag.

Can I get that deal? Mine's just sitting in pieces in a box in the garage.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yours should be OK , it's the flange on the mag that's week, coupler is plenty stout.

I'll give you 2 choices

Thanks Matt. I'll go with Option #2, use it until it breaks. Hopefully it don't break and all is good.

Bill

I'll give you 2 choices

Can I get that deal? Mine's just sitting in pieces in a box in the garage.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sure can everything we make has a you break-it , we fix it guarantee. send it back , I'll fix anything broke, or send you a new one

When mine broke at the flange in the 2nd match I used it in and contacted Tooth and Nail I got an email back saying I must have stepped on it. Interesting that others have had the same problem.

Benl,

I had a problem similar to yours. Try pushing forward on the magazine in the area of the coupler while shooting and see if it feeds. On mine the weight of the magazine was causing it to rock back in the polymer lower changing the feed angle. It would feed when I pushed on the magazine. I tried to build up the back of the magwell to keep it from happening but ended up buying an aluminum lower and that cured the problem.

If you're using 3" the feed lips will need to be trimmed back.

Nope, 2 3/4". Just doesn't work.

Based on your picture your feed lips need to be trimmed back. The shell is not releasing from the magazine before it hits the feed ramp. Shoot me a PM or give me a call. I will get you taken care of whether you do it or send it back and we do. These mags flat out run if tuned for your gun.

I would think it would depend on the number of rounds permitted in the magazine.

At 5 rounds there probably not be much savings in the amount of time to reload. Possibly slower than that for a tube fed gun.

At 10 rds there would be some savings and it would get some interest.

And at 15 rds the time savings would be substantial and there may well be a mutiny.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I have always felt that these guns deserve a place in limited and tac. 8 round mags to mirror 8 +1, which I really hope we get back to in shotgunning.

We are starting to design stages around long tubes, instead of designing stages around the shooting challenges of using a shotgun. :(