Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Wait Is Killing Me!

nhglyn

Sometime towards the end of next week I will get my new Brazos Custom Pro SC Open 5" gun from Bob Londrigan. Ordered with a slightly better grip, slide racker, thumb shield, mags etc. and I love the way he lightens the slide and the TruBor he uses. I ordered it while down at Florida Open and have been climbing the walls waiting ever since. I even have my old one sold and ready to ship to help pay for it.

sc_open5_r.gif

Who out there has one? Do you like it? Tell me some good stuff about it! I'm dying here........

post-3539-1112880480_thumb.jpgI feel your pain :( I ordered a Brazos Custom ProSX shorty :D and Limited :D in April of last year. I'm expecting them both by the end of this month. I have 10 pounds of IMR4756, 6,000 primers and 4,200 new RP +P brass waiting to be shot out of the shorty :) I had to buy a SC Limited just so I could practice before the custom guns arrive :rolleyes: I love the SC, Bob and Ingi are fantastic to deal with. I can't even count the number of E-mails I sent them over the last year but everyone was answered professionally. Good luck on yours, I'm hoping mine gets here soon or I'll jump out my office window :blink:

Don't mean to be a downer but I was trying to get feedback on my "incoming" Brazos gun from those who own one. It seems this thread has now been turned into one on 38 Super brass. :(

I met Bob L. at the Florida Open and he had some "display" models. I liked the look of this 5" model and he and I went over to the steel plate range and he let me fire a few mags through it. Felt great, looked great, shot great, didn't have to wait a year so.................. :)

dont see the need for offset scope mount,, i guess it works though. I do think that that model is the better looking gun that brazos makes

the semi custom limited looks good too..

I'm dying here........

Anticipation of the guns arrival is worse than death itself. :ph34r:

The best is when you get the tracking number because it's been sent. The worst is not sleeping all night because you know that it will be in your hands tomorrow! When you open up the box, you will forget everything and run straight to the range with a big sh*t eating grin on your face. :D:D

:):):):):):):)

Well, the wait is over!!!!!!!!!! Picked up my new Brazos Custom Pro SC Open 5" at my FFL today. Got it home and had to go shoot. Let me tell you........this is an absolutely flawless pistol. Beautiful in workmanship, flawless in action, and the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. Bob is "the best" as far as I am concerned, his workmanship is superb. On this one I had him add a slideracker, Arredondo thumbrest, and thumb protector on the left side.

I know that everyone has seen photos but just had to post mine too:

7914Right.jpg

7914Left.jpg

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Well, the wait is over!!!!!!!!!!  Picked up my new Brazos Custom Pro SC Open 5" at my FFL today.  Got it home and had to go shoot.  Let me tell you........this is an absolutely flawless pistol.  Beautiful in workmanship, flawless in action, and the most accurate pistol I have ever shot.  Bob is "the best" as far as I am concerned, his workmanship is superb. On this one I had him add a slideracker, Arredondo thumbrest, and thumb protector on the left side.

I know that everyone has seen photos but just had to post mine too:

7914Right.jpg

7914Left.jpg

Awesome looking pistol. My Custom ProSX shorty goes to chrome today :D I should have it in 2-3 weeks with my Custom Limited 5-10 days right behind it. :rolleyes: How was it shooting? soft? muzzle flip? tell us how she tracks. Don't leave out any details,,, what powder, bullet and brass are you using?

This thing shoots great! Still working on exact load I will use but it looks like between 9.1-9.3 grs of IMR4756 pushing a 125 HAP. The dot is rock steady and followup shots are right on target, hardly any muzzle flip to mention.

The things I like best are the absolute 100% reliability of Bob's gun. Pull the trigger and it goes bang every time, just like my Glocks. The workmanship is superior as you can see in the photos. I also like the "additions" I had him make....the slide racker, thumbrest, and left side thumb protector. I also bought mags from him and they have been super reliable.

I am SO happy I went with this, it should really help my match/classifier shooting the season.

This thing shoots great!  Still working on exact load I will use but it looks like between 9.1-9.3 grs of IMR4756 pushing a 125 HAP.  The dot is rock steady and followup shots are right on target, hardly any muzzle flip to mention.

The things I like best are the absolute 100% reliability of Bob's gun.  Pull the trigger and it goes bang every time, just like my Glocks.  The workmanship is superior as you can see in the photos.  I also like the "additions" I had him make....the slide racker, thumbrest, and left side thumb protector.  I also bought mags from him and they have been super reliable.

I am SO happy I went with this, it should really help my match/classifier shooting the season.

If you can, let me know what you come up with regarding loads. Bob told me 9.1, I already loaded 100 rounds using the same HAP you are. Once I get the gun I will head to the range with my chrono and see what I come up with. I have 9,000 HAP and 4,000 Zero JHP bullets.

Sounds very impressive,, I wonder if there is any difference between the SC and Custom version :huh:

I agree, I currently own his .40 SC Limited and shot a 51.2215% with only 7 months of shooting experience. It is a great gun to shoot and look forward to shooting the Custom version. What did it cost for the thumbrest and side thumb protector? I don't recall discussing those options with Bob but I did get the slide racker.

Please let us know how you do.

Without going home to look at the invoice I think the thumbrest was $25 and the thumb protector was about $50-$60 or so. I had a thumbrest on my old one and really liked it. Bob showed me the thumb protector down at the Florida Open and I liked the way it kept my right thumb from contacting the moving slide so I had him add it.