Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'll just leave this right here

matts2k

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trigger on the two I've shot were not noticeably better than a stock 2 with springs. They basically just have the xtreme hammer. Some have xtreme sear too but it doesn't make a noticeable difference.

That's interesting. The description of the pistol on Tanfo's website makes it sound like their custom shop gunsmiths do a trigger job on it it besides using the xtreme parts. For how much it costs you would hope their custom shop would do some work on the trigger besides just installing EG xtreme parts.

meh, they say that about the eric gold customs too. but there's no fancy gunsmith work on those either. Basically with the xtreme models you get all the xtreme goodies, a different finish option but that's about it. it's not going to come with a 5lb DA/2lb SA trigger out of the box and be all hand fitted.

Just picked up my xtreme a little bit ago and checked it on my Lyman digital trigger pull gauge

DA 10lbs 6.5 oz

SA 3lbs 7.2 oz

Not sure what it has in it for a main spring but it's very heavy. Gonna change springs on it and maybe do a little polishing if it needs it and will report back with my results24d8bba181ecc2ff31b2f079342b9652.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up my xtreme a little bit ago and checked it on my Lyman digital trigger pull gauge

DA 10lbs 6.5 oz

SA 3lbs 7.2 oz

Not sure what it has in it for a main spring but it's very heavy. Gonna change springs on it and maybe do a little polishing if it needs it and will report back with my results.

Is it a small frame? Edited by cakedog02

It came with an EGD trigger? Pics I've seen did not... Bigger mag release too?

Edit - one pic on Oakhill has a regular trigger, one has the EGD.

yeah it came with the xtreme smooth faced trigger.

It came with an EGD trigger? Pics I've seen did not... Bigger mag release too?

Edit - one pic on Oakhill has a regular trigger, one has the EGD.

it came with the same mag release all the stock 2s come with its just silver. I have a regular non extended mag release on my other stock 2 that's why they look different.

Really want one of these. Though I know it may not really make a lot of sense.

Anyone have any dealings with the Anacortes gunshop? I've never come across the place.

I have been to their shop, it's in NW Washington. Haven't purchased, though.

My first order of business would be to have that coating stripped and hard chromed, the normal stock ii's look way nicer to me.

I wish they'd at least offer the Xtremes in hard chrome. Edited by cakedog02

The Ceramic finish they mention on the Xtreme's...is it similar to an IonBond coating or is it more paint-like similar to Cerakote?

It's basically cerakote of some type. I don't know which brand they use but yeah it's like a baked paint finish. I also prefer the hard chrome.

So that's... 1,978 to go before they're Production legal, right?

I believe they are already on the approved list for USPSA production.

I see no mention of a Stock II Extreme Custom on the Production list. I do see this under Tanfoglio:

(Stock Custom model is NOT approved for Production Division)

So that's... 1,978 to go before they're Production legal, right?

I believe they are already on the approved list for USPSA production.

I see no mention of a Stock II Extreme Custom on the Production list. I do see this under Tanfoglio:

(Stock Custom model is NOT approved for Production Division)

I see the Stock II Xtreme 9mm and the Stock III xtreme 9mm on the list under Tanfoglio.

I may be missing something but here's the website for the list I'm looking at.

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

Edited by cakedog02

The trigger still needs work. A friend of mine had me do a full polish on his. Also after about 20 rounds out of the box the trigger wouldn't reset. It had to be pulled forward, pretty dissapointing for a gun of that price. Also the basepads require a hex to take off which sucks during matches.

Overall it's better to just buy the regular model and set it up with parts and paint for probably less or the same.

Basically the 4 basepads and the egd grips will be scrapped, plunger spring replaced, hammer spring clipped, and fp spring clipped to run federals.

it also comes with the straighter trigger which for those of us with small hands makes it harder to reach the controls. I prefer my curved trigger which is one of the reasons I like my tanfo over my cz.

Went ahead and ordered one. I'll be curious to see if I actually get it.

Called Anacortes. They said the warehouse inventory updates every hour. As of 40 minutes ago, they showed 16 in stock. Whether or not they are actually there, remains to be seen.

So how'd it go with Anacortes?

Went ahead and ordered one. I'll be curious to see if I actually get it.

Called Anacortes. They said the warehouse inventory updates every hour. As of 40 minutes ago, they showed 16 in stock. Whether or not they are actually there, remains to be seen.

So how'd it go with Anacortes?

Went well. Sadly I don't have the gun yet because of Florida's waiting period. I get to pick it up Tuesday. Did get to play with it a little when I paid the transfer fee. Trigger better than my stock Stock II. But it's still going to need some work.