Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Xd With Canyon Creek Trigger

chp5

I shot a buddy’s Springfield XD at a match this weekend. Canyon Creek (supporter of this forum) did the trigger on the XD.

All I can say is WOW! The trigger was short and light, with a great reset. I still don’t like the grip angle (I’m a Glock man), but that trigger was far superior to any Glock trigger I’ve felt – and I’ve felt some good ones.

The XD with that trigger could be the sleeper platform for Production.

I don't like the grip angle of my glock. I got to shoot Rich's XD at a match. I saved some money and bought a 40 XD tactical and gave it to Rich to do the trigger and install Bomars. I love it. Great service. Fast turn around. Thanks Rich.

You simply can not go wrong with Rich's work. His turnaround time being less than a week makes it very easy to have the work done and the pistol returned during the week between matches.

I believe his specs are 1/8" travel until the break, then 1/8" more until the overtravel stop hits.

My shooting improved...well I don't know how to describe it...maybe ask Gary Stevens how horrible my shooting was before sending it off to Rich. :o

I sent Rich a brand spanking new XD9 Tactical. He got my gun completely outfitted for shooting production. This new gun has really helped me out. I could not rave enough about Rich's work on XDs. It was kind of a lot money to spend, but after getting back in my hot little hands I was more then pleased!!! It shoots like a dream. I have had a ton of Glock guys wish that their 34s shot as nice as my XD.

I guess I don't really see it as an equipment race. Top shooters have proven over and over again that they can win with most anything in their hand.

To me, it's more a question of using the best and most fun tool for the job. If I need a drill to build a deck, I'm going to buy the DeWalt, and not the Black and Decker. If I need a new tent, I'm going to be looking at Mountain Hardware and other top brands, and not a Walmart special.

The main reason I shoot is because it's fun. And it's more fun for me to have a good tool (my gun) that's been customized to be just the way I want it. Knowing that I have the best tool I can have helps my confidence, much more so than it helps my shooting directly.

Maybe at the higher end of the sport there's an equipment race that I don't see, but for me, it's just a question of having a tool that I am confident in, and have the most fun with.

Scott

I run a 5" tactical in 40S&W. Trigger by canyon creek.....

I have several XD's, One customized by Springfield.

The Canyon creek trigger is better in all regards......It comes in at a crips 2 lbs. Much less creep than the factory. You can tell he stones the sear..

• 2 weeks later...