Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DVC Classic and 3 gun

Gooldylocks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3-Gun and Classic look awesome, but having just bought a DVC Limited the most interesting new gun from STI is the 2011 Guardian 9mm. I want to get my hands on one of these and see if it might dethrone my Glock 19 and 17 from concealed carry duty...

So just a question here, but isn't the Guardian the same as the VIP, only 2 tone? The VIP shared the shortened grip, 3.9 inch barrel.....

Last year’s DVC Open and Limited seemed to be a good step toward updating STI’s products with the most popular custom features used within USPSA and 3Gun. The new stuff this year just seems to fall a little short:

DVC 3-Gun:

· Why no .40 S&W Option? The DVC “Limited” was available in 9MM to support the 3 Gun market. I don’t understand why the DVC 3-Gun isn’t available in.40 S&W. I would argue that a 5.4” configuration is more popular in Limited than in 3 Gun.

HexTactical (2011):

· Why no .40 S&W Option? I have the Flat Dark Earth limited addition from last year and love the hex serrations and tri top slide. I think the slide weight is better on this model than the DVC Limited. When I found out this was transitioning to regular production I was hoping for:

o 40 S&W

o 5.4” and 6” versions

HexTactical (1911):

· Why no .40 S&W Option? Again, I think the slide weight is better on this model than the DVC Limited and think this would be a better single stack gun than the DVC Classic. Keep the 5.4” barrel.

DVC Classic:

· No real issues I just question the legality of the DVC Panel cut in place of the front serrations, understanding that they don’t have the holes all the way through. Again, I think the slide weight is better on the hex serrations and tri top slide.

Costa Carry Comp:

· No real issues I just see some missed opportunities for expanded marketability:

o 3 Gun Stealth Division, Add milled in Mini Red Dot ( Delta Point , RMR) and a popple hole on the rib in place of the front sight and this would be perfect for that division, or Open (3 gun) with bigger magazines for that matter

Edited by 2011BLDR

I can answer for DVC classic, with holes through slide that would be the slide lightening wich is not allowed according to IPSC rules for classic divisions.

Yes and I know they are still complications around this gun to be allowed in IPSC classic, because front serrations does not resemble 1911 enough.....

I can answer for DVC classic, with holes through slide that would be the slide lightening wich is not allowed according to IPSC rules for classic divisions.

Yes and I know they are still complications around this gun to be allowed in IPSC classic, because front serrations does not resemble 1911 enough.....

If you look at the pics, the classic doesn't have holes milled into the slide.

yeah i think this is IPSC approved, its just a different style of serations.

yeah i think this is IPSC approved, its just a different style of serations.

I would love to have one but the price IMO is a lil pricey,similar to the 2011 dvc