Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tips For Fitting Infinity Trigger In STI

MedicAJ

It probably makes more business sense if SV made triggers that fit the regular grips as SV may sell that many more triggers but that's just me. I guess it makes the SV triggers a bit exclusive.

It's easy enough to fit the SV in the poly grips if you take your time. I've not tried the metal frames though.

I agree with you on this - it would probably be pretty simple for SV to make triggers that fit STI style grips, and pretty much everyone out there would go out and buy one, or five..

I modified my SV trigger because I already had my metal grip DLC'd, so I didn't want to file on it after that...

Starting from scratch is another thing, and I'm sure most good builders can fit the trigger to the frame how they see fit before sending the gun off for finishing, but my steel grip was an added part to a 2-year old gun.

D'oh! Thanks for the heads up. Looks like sti trigger in my ck grip. You'd think when making the grip they'd have made it with sv triggers in mind.

Well, if they made it for the larger SV triggers, the folks that want a non SV trigger would have tons of play. It's easier to remove material to make it fit than to add material to a grip.

That being said, it would be great if they made some with SV fit although I'm not sure if the margins warrant doing the work to keep two different frame types. Majority of the triggers installed are non SV so it makes business sense.

It probably makes more business sense if SV made triggers that fit the regular grips as SV may sell that many more triggers but that's just me. I guess it makes the SV triggers a bit exclusive.

It's easy enough to fit the SV in the poly grips if you take your time. I've not tried the metal frames though.

^^^^This

• 1 month later...

I fit an svi trigger to an sti edge last night.

I filed the grip wider so the trigger shoe fit.

I find that the trigger bow is slightly depressing the sear and won't come forward enough to allow the grip safety leg to drop down.

It's this why someone mentioned unstaking the trigger shoe and fitting to the sti bow?

Is there a guide somewhere? The posts i can find no longer have pictures.

Edited by dansedgli

• 2 weeks later...

Looking into doing this. I ordered another brand of trigger and the bow height and thickness was to much to fit in my DVC. I had to open up the track to fit the shoe already. My question is, is the SVI trigger bow the same thickness and height as the STI trigger? Can some one post a picture of the 2 trigger side by side?

• 3 weeks later...