Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New ETS Glock Mags (20% off sale)

Southpaw

Mine still don't drop free. They are sending me a new mag now. Kinda sucks it's a month after I purchased. Hopefully this new one works out. They have been willing to get it fixed. It took almost two weeks to get the spring. Hopefully I won't have to wait another two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered from botach, they sent me 17 round mags, I ordered the 22 rounders...

Finally got the replacements and they drop free and function just fine.

22 is a little tight but both my mags feed. Going to run for a while and maybe order a few more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one of each 15 rd (G19) 17/22/31 to try out in my Glocks and Kel Tec Sub 2000 gen 2

They drop free when empty out of my G17 and G17L but they all stay in my Kel Tec Sub 2000 which all mags seem to?

Loaded them all up to capacity. The 17 rd dropped free in both a Gen 2 and a Gen 3 frame.

The 22 rd and 31 rd both were tight in both frames and neither of them dropped free.

Going to shoot them tomorrow and see how they work.

• 2 weeks later...

Are these causing anyone issues with oal of your rounds? Is anyone loading a little longer than necessary, and does it cause any feeding issues? I load a tad long, and it causes issues with kci 33rd mags.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

The reviews most places seem overwhelmingly positive for these mags, so I ordered 7 from botach for $13/ea. Can't beat that if they are reliable. The most common thing I have seen is that the 22 rounders will sometimes only hold 21 and can swell so they won't drop free from your gun when fully loaded. Not really an issue to me since I don't usually drop fully loaded mags out of my gun at a matches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried some of the 22nd mags loaded to 21 during a steel match this weekend, and they ran just fine. I liked that you could easily tell how many were loaded. With the tti +6 you can't tell if there are 17 or 23 loaded by just looking.

I tried some of the 22nd mags loaded to 21 during a steel match this weekend, and they ran just fine. I liked that you could easily tell how many were loaded. With the tti +6 you can't tell if there are 17 or 23 loaded by just looking.

Yeah but you also get 28 rds per mag which seems like a reasonable trade off to me haha

I wouldn't bother with the 21 and a +6, but that's just me.

I want to throw a +6 on a G18 mag so I can just shoot all the things because reloading sucks

Taylor Freelance makes a +10 for the G18 mag so you can really shoot all the things. I kind of want one for PCC, but $50...

http://taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=117

I wouldn't bother with the 21 and a +6, but that's just me.

I want to throw a +6 on a G18 mag so I can just shoot all the things because reloading sucks

Taylor Freelance makes a +10 for the G18 mag so you can really shoot all the things. I kind of want one for PCC, but $50...

http://taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=117

DSC_0026%20Glock%20plus10web.jpg

THERE'S A +12!!! I need dis...for science...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any one have any issues where the follower is sticking half way they the mag? Had this issue 5 times at a match this past weekend(cost me a good 10 seconds over the whole day) the mags are fairly new have had them a cpl months but haven't really used them. I loaded them Friday night and let them sit till match time Sunday morn. Very first stage after two rounds fired the follower seemed to just be stuck in the bottom half of the mag. Once I dropped the mag and put in another to continue the stage about half the rounds came out the top of the mag. One of my buddies who uses the ets mags in pcc said to sand them and should be fine but it seems on one anyway that both the spring and follower are catching the inside of the mag.

Edited by DJGroove

• 3 weeks later...

Any one have any issues where the follower is sticking half way they the mag? Had this issue 5 times at a match this past weekend(cost me a good 10 seconds over the whole day) the mags are fairly new have had them a cpl months but haven't really used them. I loaded them Friday night and let them sit till match time Sunday morn. Very first stage after two rounds fired the follower seemed to just be stuck in the bottom half of the mag. Once I dropped the mag and put in another to continue the stage about half the rounds came out the top of the mag. One of my buddies who uses the ets mags in pcc said to sand them and should be fine but it seems on one anyway that both the spring and follower are catching the inside of the mag.

Yes, just experienced this during my 2nd match with these magazines. Had 1 happen after first match. Got home and disassembled the mag and compared the spring to a brand new ETS 22 round. It was about 1.5" compressed. My opinion, the springs are weak and after a couple times compress and do not hold their shape. I need to contact the retailer, (they took great care of my first issue) and see what they want to do with the 5 22 rounders I have. Right now I would NOT recommend these magazines for anything but range shooting.

Is the ETS follower and spring unique or has anyone replaced them with Glock parts? I have some spares, just haven't tried yet.