Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which PCC?

aandabooks

Anyone that owns a JR Carbine (takedown) know if you can use any AR fore grip on it? I had to send my fore grip back because the color was way off and I'm going nuts not being able to shoot the rifle while I wait on a replacement. I was considering trying to find something else locally that would work.

Yes. I put the slim Nordic on one of mine and it's nice.

Anyone that owns a JR Carbine (takedown) know if you can use any AR fore grip on it? I had to send my fore grip back because the color was way off and I'm going nuts not being able to shoot the rifle while I wait on a replacement. I was considering trying to find something else locally that would work.

Yes. I put the slim Nordic on one of mine and it's nice.

Great thanks! Time to go shopping :).

Has anybody tried the Hiperfire 24 trigger/hammers with the ramped 9mm AR bolts? I put my 9mm PCC upper on top of a lower that has the Hiperfire 24C installed and it fired, however I only fired a few shots to see if the 24C would function. It did, but wanted to see if anybody has any extended experience with this combo before buying a Hiperfire 24 3gun trigger for my home built 9mm PCC. 9mm bolt is a ramped CMMG. Thx

Short of the gun being gone or me changing my mind between now and Monday, I will be adding a JR Carbine to the collection. Local shop that I deal with has a 9mm that I can get for $740 OTD. Seems like a reasonable price and while the rifle isn't top of the line for this price point it seems to be a good option.

Already know the handguard is going to have to be changed and the trigger group will need to be changed out.

Already know the handguard is going to have to be changed and the trigger group will need to be changed out.

This is pretty much my argument when people balk at jp's price

150-200 handguard and 150-200 for a trigger on top of the jr carbine price puts you much closer to a rifle that has those things and might be the better rifle. I do understand completely spreading out the total cost, but I would build one then from Jp or circle 10 parts

Luckily those are parts I have laying around from past sales where the buyer didn't see the value in the upgraded items. I know there is a value to them but they have been paid for already and won't be an additional cash outlay.

Did I hear somebody mention JP GMR-13...?

It's the shizzzz!

Maybe but at $1500 plus you can buy a rifle and do what you want or even buy two! For some fun,"change of pace", shooting at 5-10 yards normally any reliable gun will be more than adequate

Short of the gun being gone or me changing my mind between now and Monday, I will be adding a JR Carbine to the collection. Local shop that I deal with has a 9mm that I can get for $740 OTD. Seems like a reasonable price and while the rifle isn't top of the line for this price point it seems to be a good option.

Are you buying the take down model by chance? If so check the color of the fore grip before you leave the shop. I didn't look at mine that closely and have been going round and round with JRC to get a satisfactory replacement.

post-50397-0-34711500-1452376757_thumb.j

JP is the bee's knees! Others MAY work; JP just works.

* With OEM Glock mags.

A couple of friends got them last year and with Glock mags they were great, not so much with the MagPuls or KCL.

I have an Olympic Arms K9Gl from about 05 or so that's been just about perfect. The ones that I've seen from after that have had issues.

One of the keys to a good PCC seem to be the mags and it's impossible to beat Glock mags for price of reliability.

Got a JP GMR-13 in this week. Got to shoot it yesterday and run a mock stage. Great gun! It's like shooting a pellet gun. Relatively quiet and the dot doesn't move much at all!

Looks like my iPhone rotates the pictures!

Got a JP GMR-13 in this week. Got to shoot it yesterday and run a mock stage. Great gun! It's like shooting a pellet gun. Relatively quiet and the dot doesn't move much at all!

Yes, with minor ammo they are indeed like shooting a BB gun or a 22.

Looks like my iPhone rotates the pictures!

My Iphone does it too if I point straight down like you did. It needs enough angle to keep it oriented. Just another thing my tech savvy son finds so "wrong" with the Iphone. Blah blah blah!!! :roflol: