Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Christmas

I'm sure I'm not the only one that had a Blue Christmas - what did you all get??

I got myself (using some Christmas money) the Case Feeder for my 650, and the thumb screws for the powder measure. I'm psyched! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9-PN1sftaI

Edited by StraightSh00ter

I ordered the Uniquetech 11" powder measure tube with the baffle, and a micrometer powder adjustment for the new powder measure.

Powder measure one (Micrometer adj, std powder tube) will be for .380 and 9MM

Powder measure two (Micrometer adj and 11" tube with baffle will be for .40 S&W and .45 ACP.

I ordered everything to load 300blk and 223 while I was at it. Caliber conversions and quick changes for both

I also got a Dillon rt1500 trimmer and the 223 and 300 blk trim dies and a super swage 600. Was an expensive and very blue Christmas.

Edited by Nathanb

Dillon crimp and seat dies and powder funnel in 9mm. Dillon powder die and 2 tool head stands. EGW undersized 9mm die in 9mm. Now I have a complete 9mm set up for my G34 and one for my 929. I just give my wife my list with all the links to the webpage via email and Santa brings it Christmas Day,

My 45 powder funnel came in the mail today. Still waiting for the 650 press. I suspect it will come maybe later today but best bet is Monday. It will be great having two 650's. I can't complain since I ordered everything on Sunday. It was a late Christmas gift after asking the wife.

After months of saving and surviving the holidays I just ordered:

Dillon xl650 9mm

casefeeder

powder check system

as it should be upgrade

toolholder

cover

franford arsenal rotary tumbler

Already have some of the small things as I've been getting parts n pieces for months.

Previous stock

enos digital scale

dillon primer flip tray

extra pick up tubes

lymans manual

lee's carbide die set

rcbs single stage

calipers.

Once set up and running smoothly I'll order the easy conversion kit for 380 auto...

After that I'll be looking to add another firearm to my collection as I decided months ago that before I switch up to another caliber I must be a reloader. Cost of ammo is a huge part of my investment as even though I only own a three weapons I strive to shoot weekly at least 250 rounds a week and my girl shooting 100 a week.

Sounds like it was a great Blue holiday for a lot of us! 650s,1050s, and even the little add-ons are such a treat. And Dillon gifts from loved ones must be particularly nice.

My case feeder came yesterday, and once again I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. The plastic must be close to 1/4" thick?! It's definitely a lot more than a plastic 5 gallon bucket. And of course it runs great right out of the box.

The thumb screws came from Hit Factor, with a powder knob for $5 shipped. I got some aluminum spacers from Home Depot to replace the plastic ones for a better fit.

I'm thinking a Blue cover and micrometer are next - maybe we'll keep this Christmas season going a little longer, lol.

StraightSh00ter- Get that Micrometer. Go to harbor Freight, or order from them online. Currently $17.99 for 6 inch model. Can't tell the difference between the HF model and the $42 one at Cabella. Look identical.

Can't load pistol without 1.

The Christmas gifts I gave my Dillon 650: Bullet feeder, Inline LED lighting kit, 11" powder tube with baffle plus micrometer powder bar kit for my 2nd powder measure from UniqueTek.

Edited by Jimk60

StraightSh00ter- Get that Micrometer. Go to harbor Freight, or order from them online. Currently $17.99 for 6 inch model. Can't tell the difference between the HF model and the $42 one at Cabella. Look identical.

Can't load pistol without 1.

The Christmas gifts I gave my Dillon 650: Bullet feeder, Inline LED lighting kit, 11" powder tube with baffle plus micrometer powder bar kit for my 2nd powder measure from UniqueTek.

You are confusing micrometers with calipers. A 6" micrometer would measure things from 5" to 6" and looks like a "C" clamp.

These are micrometers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-0-6-Precision-outside-micrometer-set-0-001-carbide-standards-6pcs-set-/311394362499

This is a caliper: http://www.amazon.com/Neiko-01407A-Electronic-Digital-Extra-Large/dp/B000GSLKIW/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1452110388&sr=1-1&keywords=calipers+6

Note that calipers come in different styles too. The original ones were vernier and had to be read like a steel scale, and were therefore not extremely accurate. Then came dial calipers that had a sweep hand that rotated 360 degrees like the hand on a watch. You read inches, .100 on the scale and everything under .100 on the dial, so if the scale read 2.5 and the dial said 75, the total measurement was 2.575". Then came the easiest of all to use, the digital that read out direct in inches and or millimeters.

Two things to remember when using any measuring device, micrometer or caliper: always use the same amount of light force, and zero them out before using. Zero out for a caliper means cleaning the measuring surface with a soft cloth and then closing the calipers gently. It the reading is anything other than .000, you need to hit the zero button, of adjust the dial if it's a dial caliper.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that had a Blue Christmas - what did you all get??

I got myself (using some Christmas money) the Case Feeder for my 650, and the thumb screws for the powder measure. I'm psyched! :D

Where did you get just the thumbscrews?

I'm betting Home Depot or Lowe's. Maybe I'll take a run out there today and see if they have them.

EDIT: Found them at the local ACE hardware. 10-24 by 3/4"

Edited by Tom S.

I'm betting Home Depot or Lowe's. Maybe I'll take a run out there today and see if they have them.

Do they fit, or do you need spacers to clear the powder measure body?

Do they fit, or do you need spacers to clear the powder measure body?

I'd say they kind of fit. I say that because the cap head screw shoulder fits against the powder measure half ring to hold it tight in place. These screws have no shoulder, so the flattened head has to be tightened against the half ring if you want a tight fit. Since I leave my powder measure just a bit loose it's not an issue for me, but if you like to lock it in place, then I do not recommend them.