Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

brass sticking to powder drop tube

XL550B

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything on it.

At the moment I'm loading .357MAG, using new Starline brass. Seems to be decent brass.

But, it seems to be sticking on the powder drop tube. I can clean it off with a q-tip and alcohol, but that only last for a few cases.

There are streaks of what looks like brass on the lower part of the tube up to the enlarged portion which bells the brass.

Is there any way to eliminate this sticking. Very annoying and upsets the smoothness of the press.

XL550B

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything on it.

At the moment I'm loading .357MAG, using new Starline brass. Seems to be decent brass.

But, it seems to be sticking on the powder drop tube. I can clean it off with a q-tip and alcohol, but that only last for a few cases.

There are streaks of what looks like brass on the lower part of the tube up to the enlarged portion which bells the brass.

Is there any way to eliminate this sticking. Very annoying and upsets the smoothness of the press.

I typed "brass sticking to powder funnel" and got 68 results . It has been discussed at length and every possible solution for you to try is here

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1