Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev Technology \ GLOCKWorx Barrels

RoundEye

I like the look of the Burnt Bronze finish, but I'm really looking for something with better accuracy like a KKM. They also have these new "dimpled" barrels which I assume are to help with heat dissipation.

Anyone have any experience with their new line of barrels?

Chad, welcome to Benos! About time you started hanging out here. I don't believe in new magic, I believe in fundamentals, so my hand fitted BarSto's have run just fine for over 17 years and close to 200,000 rounds. The very, very small increase in surface area would in theory increase heat flow, but probably not as significant as slide cuts. The dimples might hold lube longer, the S&W Shield barrel has dimples, and of course, the cool factor. They are still drop in barrels at $250.

Chad, welcome to Benos! About time you started hanging out here. I don't believe in new magic, I believe in fundamentals, so my hand fitted BarSto's have run just fine for over 17 years and close to 200,000 rounds. The very, very small increase in surface area would in theory increase heat flow, but probably not as significant as slide cuts. The dimples might hold lube longer, the S&W Shield barrel has dimples, and of course, the cool factor. They are still drop in barrels at $250.

HaHa... Gordon, is that you? Longtime eh?

True that, but they're running a special for $200 all week. But still compared to KKM at $165 it's hard to justify unless you like they're cool finishes that much.

I could be wrong, but aren't Zev's barrels made by KKM?

About 7-8 months ago, I called KKM with a problem I was having with a Zev Glock 24. It had a 40 barrel marked KKM and a 9mm barrel marked ZEV. The rep I was talking to informed me at that time, KKM was not making barrels for Zev.

I could be wrong, but aren't Zev's barrels made by KKM?

About 7-8 months ago, I called KKM with a problem I was having with a Zev Glock 24. It had a 40 barrel marked KKM and a 9mm barrel marked ZEV. The rep I was talking to informed me at that time, KKM was not making barrels for Zev.

Hm, perhaps they aren't. KKM rep might not have been at liberty to say they were making them as well. That's an industry standard for the most part when companies contract other companies to manufacture parts for them.

• 4 months later...

are the ZEV dimpled barrels production legal? they are the same size, etc but I can't find a specific answer other than directing me to the rules.

No. They are not the same profile as the OEM barrel.

are the ZEV dimpled barrels production legal? they are the same size, etc but I can't find a specific answer other than directing me to the rules.

Is it the dimples that make them a different profile?

Is it the dimples that make them a different profile?

that was my question, guess they consider that not the same profile.

If you are looking for accuracy, I'd go with a gunsmith fit barrel. Drop in barrels help accuracy, but not as much as most people expect. I haven't had any issues with Zev's coatings, however I've read horror stories on here. These barrels do look great on a chopped up slide, but if you have no plans for any slide milling, I feel like it's a waste to pay more for a colored, dempled barrel no one will see... But it's your money.