Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iwb holster

chetc

been looking at some iwb holsters for my glock 19 so far i am looking at the Desantis Intruder and the Incog Gcode anyone ever tried or have either or both to compare, open for suggestions,there was a shooter at the range today with the Gcode incog holster,he had it in front of him by his belly button rather than on his hip, he seemed to draw it pretty quick.

Chet

When I first saw the incog I believed it was

Ninja youtube hype. Then I purchased a used gun that came with an incog. Initially I was hesitant pointing my shootin iron at my junk. After some practice I really grew to like it and now own 3 incogs. Theyre well made and very comfortable. Ive had to wear mine in the seated position for up to 6 hours and I wont say you forget the gun is there but definitely more comfortable than others methods of carry.

so far i am looking at the Gcode Incog for my glock 19 IWB, before i make the decision, i was looking at the Alien gear cloak 3.0 question i have if anyone has used one, when reholstering with the AG are there any issues, does it still hold its shape and easy to reholster.

Chet

I would suggest first deciding where on your body you plan on carrying before deciding what holster to get. The Incog is designed for AIWB while the Alien Gear, and all the other similar kydex/leather hybrid holsters, are meant for either on or behind your hip carry.

For under $60 take a look at the Comp Tac Spartan - http://www.comp-tac.com/inside-the-waistband/spartan-holster-10231. It looks like a lower priced version of the MTAC, but probably works just as well. I have their Cavalry holster for a G43 (which looks to be just a smaller version of the Spartan) and it's an awesome holster, super comfortable. I like these holsters a lot more than Alien Gear holsters that just look enormous and look like they wrap half way around your waist. The Comp Tacs don't have such a huge footprint. Granted I haven't actually tried the Alien Gear.

ETA, if you're interested in a Comp Tac, sign up for their email list. They have sales for every holiday and I'm sure will have a Black Friday sale.

Edited by Southpaw

• 4 weeks later...