Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips for Accu Shadow

Just4FunLP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a chance to shoot with my SSI Scale grips yesterday and Wow, are they awesome! No movement in my grip whatsoever. And to my surprise, they remain very comfortable. The science behind them is similar to having "mudders" on a truck. The pockets really soak up my hands.

Ssi scales or factory rubber.

I've tried:

Daa thick with tape

Cz medium checker

Cz thin checker

Vz aggressive

Cz thin with tape

Lemon graters

Till now my fav were thick daa and factory rubber. Now the ssi are my fav and factory rubber is close second (just don't look as cool).

If you are truly concerned about grip, look no further than coppergungrips.com

b324101f-0d3c-499a-a3aa-79c4557e34cb_zps

Thanks for posting those. I've never heard of these but I like the concept. Do they basically feel like a stippled polymer grip? How thick/thin are these?

SSI CZ Scales on order!

The only downside is that it pushed me over the edge of going blingy with the gun and belt rig. I'm going to get razzed mercilessly, hehehe.

Seriously though, a friend of mine pointed out the grit getting in the gun issue. I had already mostly discounted that with the thought that we don't drop them or drag them through the dirt on purpose. But we do have a range or two with lots of sand and grit blowing around on windy days. While holstered wind could blow up the magwell and exit the sides, leading to an easier path for wind to deposit grit than a closed grip I'm guessing.

So far I've only bothered to cover my custom 2011 in conditions like that. The scales will likely push the SP01 into that category too.

SSI CZ Scales on order!

The only downside is that it pushed me over the edge of going blingy with the gun and belt rig. I'm going to get razzed mercilessly, hehehe.

Seriously though, a friend of mine pointed out the grit getting in the gun issue. I had already mostly discounted that with the thought that we don't drop them or drag them through the dirt on purpose. But we do have a range or two with lots of sand and grit blowing around on windy days. While holstered wind could blow up the magwell and exit the sides, leading to an easier path for wind to deposit grit than a closed grip I'm guessing.

So far I've only bothered to cover my custom 2011 in conditions like that. The scales will likely push the SP01 into that category too.

I don't like that they're open either.

Anyone had any problems with debris making its way in easier?

I use the Cooper Grips lava rock textured as well. They are awesome but you have to be careful about not over torquing the grip screws.

The texture is the best though and they are cheap ($35) and come in lots of colors.

What do they compare to on the thickness front? New to me as well.

I use the Cooper Grips lava rock textured as well. They are awesome but you have to be careful about not over torquing the grip screws.

The texture is the best though and they are cheap ($35) and come in lots of colors.

What do they compare to on the thickness front? New to me as well.

They are almost identical to CZ rubber grips.

I ordered a pair to try out. Would you say they are the same thickness as the CZC aluminum grips?

I tried the scales and was disappointed. I liked the overall shape but they had a couple of downsides compared to the thick Double alphas I'm using.

The scales are thick at the bottom of the grip but thin down to about the same thickness as the VZs from the mag release on up. This means that the top of my weak hand has less area to grip. I emailed Shooting Sports innovations and asked if they had considered making a version that is the same thickness all the way up.

Second downside was that I found the scales to be slippery. I like an aggressive grip surface. I've used the VZ diamondbacks on my CZ (and still would if they were thicker). I am using the Double Alpha thick grips covered in grip tape. The scales just weren't grippy enough. The thinner top of grip is where I found the grip lacking for my weak hand. I tried to put some grip tape on them for, but it didn't stick well (not enough grip to stick to).

I'm debating selling the scales or trying to checker/ stipple them for a more aggressive texture. I like how they feel, they are just way too slick for my taste.

I'll have to double ck, but I'm fairly certain the copper gun grips are thinner than the stock rubber grips. You can't get any more "grippy-er" for a CZ than CGG. I have zero issues shooting uspsa in the California desert thanks to these.

I tried the scales and was disappointed. I liked the overall shape but they had a couple of downsides compared to the thick Double alphas I'm using.

The scales are thick at the bottom of the grip but thin down to about the same thickness as the VZs from the mag release on up. This means that the top of my weak hand has less area to grip. I emailed Shooting Sports innovations and asked if they had considered making a version that is the same thickness all the way up.

Second downside was that I found the scales to be slippery. I like an aggressive grip surface. I've used the VZ diamondbacks on my CZ (and still would if they were thicker). I am using the Double Alpha thick grips covered in grip tape. The scales just weren't grippy enough. The thinner top of grip is where I found the grip lacking for my weak hand. I tried to put some grip tape on them for, but it didn't stick well (not enough grip to stick to).

I'm debating selling the scales or trying to checker/ stipple them for a more aggressive texture. I like how they feel, they are just way too slick for my taste.

PM me if you are going to sell the scales. I've been happy with the pair I have on my main gun, and want to put them on my backup gun as well.

I ordered a pair to try out. Would you say they are the same thickness as the CZC aluminum grips?

I'm not impressed with the Copper grips. Plastic is very low density, flimsy, and brittle. Doesn't fit flush at ends of grip once you tighten them down. What a waste of $35.

I'm not impressed with the Copper grips. Plastic is very low density, flimsy, and brittle. Doesn't fit flush at ends of grip once you tighten them down. What a waste of $35.

Interesting. You may want to email him and tell him the problem you're having. I've never seen a pair that didn't sit flush. I'm fairly certain if you email him, he'll send you out another pair... if you want them.

If not, you can always send me the pair you don't want.

Interesting. You may want to email him and tell him the problem you're having. I've never seen a pair that didn't sit flush. I'm fairly certain if you email him, he'll send you out another pair... if you want them.

If not, you can always send me the pair you don't want.

I already broke one side. Cracked in half.

I tried the VZ Diamondback grips. Loved them, but they were too thin for my bigger hands. Then tried the thick LemonGrater grips from CZC. Again, great texture but still wanted something thicker. So, i eventually went with the cheap plastic CZ grips ($20 from CZ USA) with 3M walking tape on them as they provided me with the thickest grip option I could find. And they work great.

I like it.

I started the thread so I thought I should give an update...

I liked JGus' advice and ordered $20.00 plastic grips and Talon laser cut grip tape for my new Accu Shadow. I know some people may consider this to be a little barbaric to do to such an expensive gun. The thin aluminum grips that came on the gun looked nice, but there was almost no contact with my weak hand. Now it feels like the gun is firmly attached to my hands. I'm much happier. Just like on my XDM grip tape tends to slide a little on the side, so I'll add a small amount of JB Weld between the tape and the plastic grips. Again, I know it sounds crazy, but it's worked well in the past.

• 2 weeks later...