Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio guide rods.

himurax13

kneelingatlas - Do you mean "when the chamber side of the barrel dips as the slide moves backward, the the guide rod dips with the barrel. That creates an angle relative to the guide rod bushing that stays with the slide"?

So the taper is there to make assembly and disassembly easier?

I was thinking about getting some custom guide rods next year and I was going to make them straight like everything else. I was just wondering if the taper was necessary.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by himurax13

I'd love some aluminum guide rods ;)

Would aluminum hold up in use? I assume it would need mil spec hard anodizing to not wear from cycling. Spendy, unless a large lot is done, but you can do colors....

I'm intrigued by the aluminum/delrin guide rod idea. I always like moving the balance point back and forth to make sure I don't shoot better with the gun. That said, the Stock II is pretty well balanced to start with.

Man I wish I had a lathe...and a mill...

Edited by EngineerEli

• 1 month later...

I would only run a Henning or Xtreme guide rod in my 40 or .38 super...

I lost a major match due to using a factory guide rod in my 38 super. ..it peened to the point it was hard to take the slide off the frame...I am trying a Sprinco unit just to see how it holds up. If not,..I go back to a Henning or Xtreme guide rod with a 10lb recoil spring.