Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation Nationals Oct. 9-10

3-Gun Nation Nationals and Shooting Sports Expo in October 8-10th at USSA.

You will also be able to watch the top competitor shooters in the country battle it out for a national title and the top prize of $50,000 for the men and $25,000 for the ladies.

Come join us!

http://3gunnation.com/pro_series/3gn_championship

If you can't make it you can watch the big $50,000 shoot off on Livestream.

http://livestream.com/accounts/15278375/3GNChampionship2015

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preliminaries are here--> https://www.periscope.tv/BTSshooting

Part of the Beyond the sights team is there live streaming with the app Periscope.

More information here http://beyondthesights.us/3-gun-nation-nationals-2015/

Well Damn I was live streaming on meerkat until the end. We need to coordinate this stuff. Holding my phone for 4 hours really cut into my drinking. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Jesse, it looks like Aaron Hayes's lovely wife was picking up the slack. She did a great job live streaming. Of course I found that out watching your feed on Meerket.

Thanks for sharing, wish I could be there.

If some of my team members are at a event they usually try to live stream. We are using Periscope and it's cool how it saves the replay for 24hrs and you can view the Periscope video from a computer. Almost need someone there that isn't shooting to do social media posts and do live stream. I'd be happy to facilitate this through my blog and channels if some guys want to coordinate.

Why is the Ladies' top prize half that of their male counterparts?

Mick

I could be wrong but it may be to due to the numbers involved. There are fewer female competitors in the Pro circuit. Only 8 competed IIRC and only 4 compete in the shoot off to determine the Champion with a purse provided by Samson Manufacturing.

22 DQ's in the main match. How does that happen? Some really good, experienced shooters on the list too.

The stages are speedy. So Lots of folks going way too fast missing dump barrels, cough Lena.

There was a stage or two with those "don't shoot targets A&B past this fault line at 160-180 degrees. Several shooters broke a shot over the lines almost breaking the 180.

Good thing about the fault lines is there is a discernible line telling you not to shoot past them. You just gotta listen to the stage brief and keep a good awareness of yourself in space. Those complex and speedy bay stages can get you twisted up and backwards in a step or two.

22 DQ's in the main match. How does that happen? Some really good, experienced shooters on the list too.

The stages are speedy. So Lots of folks going way too fast missing dump barrels, cough Lena.

There was a stage or two with those "don't shoot targets A&B past this fault line at 160-180 degrees. Several shooters broke a shot over the lines almost breaking the 180.

Good thing about the fault lines is there is a discernible line telling you not to shoot past them. You just gotta listen to the stage brief and keep a good awareness of yourself in space. Those complex and speedy bay stages can get you twisted up and backwards in a step or two.

I had the live stream paused from yesterday and just went back to watch it. What happened with John Mcclain on the second bout with Daniel Horner? Looks like he DQ'd while checking sight picture on the pistol.

Edit: NM. He just explained it.

Edited by JackOAT

I had the live stream paused from yesterday and just went back to watch it. What happened with John Mcclain on the second bout with Daniel Horner? Looks like he DQ'd while checking sight picture on the pistol.

Edit: NM. He just explained it.

Yeah bad deal. Could have been a $45,000 mistake.

Lesson learned:

Never let anyone interfere with your make ready or unload show clear process.