Which sp01?

twister

my vote is for tactical

and do the work yourself

then get a safety version

and do the work yourself

then get a custom shadow

and compare them

I'm planning on eventually adding a shadow to the family.... along with spo1 safety, back up spo1 tactical, scorpion, 97, polymer, 75, and something concealable, a surplus/ buy back to cerakote

I have a 91030. I've put in an 11.5 hammer spring, a CGW reduced power trigger return spring (More for reliability than trigger pull) and a CGW trigger pin.

I was shooting a match on Sunday. One of the other shooters, an Open GM and single stack Master, asked if he could shoot my gun. Earlier in the day, he'd been knocking DA/SA guns because the first shot is tough. He didn't feel that way after he shot my gun and he was comparing the SA pull to his custom 1911. The SA isn't as good as the custom 1911 SA pull. It's not that far away.

Question for the CZ experts: how would you compare the recoil of an SP-01 Shadow vs a steel 1911 (all 9mm, would be 125gr running PF of 130 using Power Pistol)?

I'm trying to decide between these 2 for IDPA & speed steel and recoil is a consideration (just getting old and worn-out :angry2: ​). I do realize that the Shadow would allow me tyo play in producton as well which is a minor consideration - recoil is more important to me. Round capacity isn't a big factor. Also, looking at the Shadow as I'm not interested in a decocker.

I've never shot a 9mm 1911. I believe an SP-01 and a full size 1911 are both about 40 oz. So recoil should be comparable.

I shoot 135 PF with 147 gn bullets in my Shadow. It's not a 22, but it's lighter than my plastic guns.

I would shoot both guns and then pick. If you can't find both to shoot, at least handle both and pick the one that feels right. I love the ergonomics of my Shadow. It just feels good.

BTW, if you get the 9mm 1911, you can shoot if for USPSA Single Stack and speed steel.

Thanks. I own 1911's in 45 so know and am comfortable with that platform - just the recoil is becoming more of a problem for me. In 9's even the recoil/flip from my Glock 17 bothers me from time to time and I would much rather shoot a steel gun in competition as the weight isn't a problem.

Understand the weight vs recoil aspect being about the same, but didn't know if the slide in frame design of the CZ would reduce the perceived recoil or not.

I've been able to handle and shoot some of the CZ's in plastic but haven't been able to do so with the SP-01 Shadow or even a regular 75.

I've never shot a 9mm 1911. I believe an SP-01 and a full size 1911 are both about 40 oz. So recoil should be comparable.

I shoot 135 PF with 147 gn bullets in my Shadow. It's not a 22, but it's lighter than my plastic guns.

I would shoot both guns and then pick. If you can't find both to shoot, at least handle both and pick the one that feels right. I love the ergonomics of my Shadow. It just feels good.

BTW, if you get the 9mm 1911, you can shoot if for USPSA Single Stack and speed steel.

I do not know this for fact, but I believe the Shadow would have a lower slide weight and that should make a difference in how the recoil feels. I know with my loads a 9mm 1911 had little recoil but felt really slow, the shadow I played with using the same loads felt like it recoiled faster but didn't feel much recoil. I use a 124gr Hi-tek coated bullet at 132pf

I'd wager that my shadow weighs a good bit more than my les Baer in 45 acp. It is a chunk of a gun. As far as recoil goes, it's been so long since I've shot a 9mm 1911, that I couldn't offer an opinion. I'd be hard pressed to wager that the sp-01 has more muzzle flip than a short dust cover 9mm 1911 though

I think how the grip and controls work in your hand is going to be a more important deciding factor in SP01 vs 9mm 1911, sold my 1911 but from memory it seems like sight tracking is a tiny bit easier on the Cz for what that is worth, possibly their is less total vertical movement given the same (+ -) weight but shorter barrel ?

I have been contemplating this as well. Can't decide between a target II for $1450, get a tactical and do it myself, or find a used variant on here. I hear that they all are very similar when done right.