Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How good is the lee factory crimp die

I'm having problems with cases bulged near the extractor groove (bottom of the case) and I have a lee factory crimp die that I haven't used yet but am thinking since it's supposed to resize the case and go further down then the Dillon resizing die that this might take care of the problem. I am also worried that since I'm running a mr bullet feeder that the bell made to allow the bullet to sit in the case will be to big and not allow the cases to go in or work with the lee factory crimp die. Any opinions, suggestions would help. Thanks

The factory crimp die isn't going to do anything for your bases unless you use it with a push-through sizer kit (the "Bulge Buster"). Simply using it as your crimp die will give you a crimp.

I thought that the lee factory crimp die also resizes the case again and it goes down further than the Dillon resize does

The factory crimp die isn't going to do anything for your bases unless you use it with a push-through sizer kit (the "Bulge Buster"). Simply using it as your crimp die will give you a crimp.

I thought that the lee factory crimp die also resizes the case again and it goes down further than the Dillon resize does

Superpipe9 is correct. The Lee factory crimp die is not going to solve your bulge issue.

The major problem with the FCD is that if your case wall thickness (times 2) plus the bullet diameter is greater than the sizing ring the bullet, especially cast, coated and plated, will be sized down. The case walls, being much more springy than lead alloy, will spring back out somewhat which can really ruin the neck tension and adversely affect accuracy due to the smaller diameter bullet.