Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A letter to MD's. Put your match on Practiscore so I can find you

Maybe this doesn't belong here, maybe it does. I'm not sure. I'll try and keep from ranting...

Like several folks here, I travel quite a bit. And I like to shoot matches when I do travel. Wouldn't it make sense to put all of the club level matches up on PS so as we travel about we don't have to hunt and peck all corners of the Internet just to find a match? Seriously, I think some MD's are going out of their way to HIDE matches. Maybe there IS a secret list of all the matches and you all are just hiding it from me?

It is almost as if USPSA would need a webpage where you could find all USPSA clubs, schedules, and websites by zipcode .. oh wait, they do.

If you mean all shooting sports, I guess maybe.

Maybe this doesn't belong here, maybe it does. I'm not sure. I'll try and keep from ranting...

Like several folks here, I travel quite a bit. And I like to shoot matches when I do travel. Wouldn't it make sense to put all of the club level matches up on PS so as we travel about we don't have to hunt and peck all corners of the Internet just to find a match? Seriously, I think some MD's are going out of their way to HIDE matches. Maybe there IS a secret list of all the matches and you all are just hiding it from me?

Uspsa.org

Uspsa.org

I've only shot 2 matches that were posted on that sight. I shoot about 20 per year

When you go to "Find Matches", it only gives you all of the big major matches, not the club level matches. When I go to "Find Clubs", some clubs list their match info but a lot of them don't. Now I have to hunt and peck, call/email/hunt down folks to try and figure out their match info. Sometimes their contact info has changed, yada yada.

I guess I'm just ranting in favor of PS. I'll make another cup of coffee and go pull some weeds in the garden now.

Well so you think if they don't bother to maintain data on uspsa.org they will bother to maintain data on PS?

I guess I am ranting then :)

It amazes me how many places I've been that I've heard "oh, we need more shooters" yet they do everything they can to discourage folks. The last example was their club website said they shot on Saturday but their Facebook page said Sunday. After no one returned my calls, emails, and IM's I passed them over.

Uspsa.org

I've only shot 2 matches that were posted on that sight. I shoot about 20 per year

A vast majority of the matches I shoot are on USPSA. In fact I prefer it, as USPSA emails me when a match is posted.

And I can easily find matches by club using the club id. Whenever I am forced to use the Pratiscore website half the time I can't find the match unless someone gives me a link.

USPSA lists 2 clubs in the Vegas area that are not holding matches yet. The one who is holding matches with classifier is not listed as a local club.

Practiscore results are supposed to be getting better, but a lot of it comes down to the MD/score uploaded. We have people who have forgot to change the date to 2015 so the results don't show up in the top of the list. Or they don't follow a standard naming convention that allows easy searching.

Uspsa.org

A vast majority of the matches I shoot are on USPSA. In fact I prefer it, as USPSA emails me when a match is posted.

And I can easily find matches by club using the club id. Whenever I am forced to use the Pratiscore website half the time I can't find the match unless someone gives me a link.

I guess I should clarify, I've only shot 2 USPSA matches in the ~7 years I've been shooting competitions

remember, USPSA is not affiliated with Practscore so requiring MDs to use it is unrealistic ... that being said, I agree, for a lot of matches you seem to need to know the secret squirrel handshake to get it ....