Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 TS Guide rod

LancerKagato

There's actually nothing wrong with the plastic guide rod. It is completely functional and effective at doing its job. I wouldn't bother changing something that works well

Sent by Jedi mind control

Interesting. The plastic guide rod in my 40 TS was chewed up in less than 250 rounds. A CZ USA gunsmith told me it was designed to be a consumable. I didn't like that. Went to steel. No issues if I didn't use a buffer. If I used a buffer, it would short stroke and jam. For grins I bought the DPM. Probably 10k+ rounds, no issues. The steel is now in my spare parts kit. That said, if my plastic GR hadn't got chewed up so fast, I'd still be using it.

Interesting. The plastic guide rod in my 40 TS was chewed up in less than 250 rounds. A CZ USA gunsmith told me it was designed to be a consumable. I didn't like that. Went to steel. No issues if I didn't use a buffer. If I used a buffer, it would short stroke and jam. For grins I bought the DPM. Probably 10k+ rounds, no issues. The steel is now in my spare parts kit. That said, if my plastic GR hadn't got chewed up so fast, I'd still be using it.

Did you see any noticeable difference in the DPM vs SS?