Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

eAMP Magazine pouches. Anyone seen these?

Scrmblr

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so they/it arrived in the mail.

• Initial impression: Solid, good construction. More slippery than Kydex, but not in a bad way, nice texture from 3D printing. Good spacing, articulation, and belt mount. Mag retention was loose, but easily remedied by uncoupling pouches from each other and tightening screw on back.
  • Practical Use: To be continued...

OK, so they/it arrived in the mail.

• Initial impression: Solid, good construction. More slippery than Kydex, but not in a bad way, nice texture from 3D printing. Good spacing, articulation, and belt mount. Mag retention was loose, but easily remedied by uncoupling pouches from each other and tightening screw on back.
  • Practical Use: To be continued...
  • Practical Use: During dry fire reload drills, the mags were a little loose and my ham-hands would grab one and a half mags, dropping one on the floor. I attribute this to a learning curve and loose retention. I adjusted retention screw a bit tighter and the problem disappeared. Mags spread nicely on belt curve, last pic simulates that curve off the belt (more pics from range later).
Edited by Scrmblr

The pouches look good. I dont know how they can print them at this price point. How do they attach to a belt, am I missing something in the pictures.

Pic #6 shows belt loops from the side. There is a small removable block held in place by the tension screw that can be swapped for larger block = smaller belt width.

How do you feel about the height of the magazines?

It looks as though ALOT of that magazine body is covered. Can you still get a good enough grip on the mag itself to extract it from the pouch?

How do you feel about the height of the magazines?

It looks as though ALOT of that magazine body is covered. Can you still get a good enough grip on the mag itself to extract it from the pouch?

They felt good for dry fire. Things could change under the timer, as they always do... If so, I may fab up a block for inside to raise the mags from some scrap kydex.

Well, I ran it today thru about 300-rds at the range. I shot all my mags (7 total 6 in pouches). Shooting 2 reload 2 from 7-yds for about 200-rds. No mag bobbles, no grab 2 instead 1, no missed grabs, or anything else. Performed very well. I experimented with varied height by dropping some empty brass into the pouches to raise the mag height temporarily. Alternating heights seemed to work the best and didn't confuse the grab YMMV.

I've been using 5 of them since the end of June for my Beretta Neos in some action steel matches where we shoot 15 to 25 rounds per stage. With 10 round mags I am reloading at least once every stage. I have not had any trouble with the height of the mag sticking out. To me the spacing is a little too close together. Typically I just load the 2nd mag in the group, leaving a nice big gap between #1 and #3 so it's easy to grab that first mag for a reload. My last match we had 2 stages where I had to reload twice and it wasn't a problem to grab that 3rd mag even though it's close to the 4th mag. If you are wearing a regular belt instead of a competition belt they are a little closer to the body than I would like, it isn't really any trouble though. As you can see in the pics the top is angled away from your body. That's just nit-picking stuff. They have done exactly what I wanted them to do and they are imho worth more than what I paid for them.

They didn't list the Neos ones on eBay so I asked about them and they told me what part number to order. They were very helpful. Same price, really fast shipping and you get extra connecting pins and spacer blocks for the belt holder.

At the time I bought mine they were not making any of the double stack mags. From what I remember the only place you can get them is eBay or Amazon.

I've been using 5 of them since the end of June for my Beretta Neos in some action steel matches where we shoot 15 to 25 rounds per stage. With 10 round mags I am reloading at least once every stage. I have not had any trouble with the height of the mag sticking out. To me the spacing is a little too close together. Typically I just load the 2nd mag in the group, leaving a nice big gap between #1 and #3 so it's easy to grab that first mag for a reload. My last match we had 2 stages where I had to reload twice and it wasn't a problem to grab that 3rd mag even though it's close to the 4th mag. If you are wearing a regular belt instead of a competition belt they are a little closer to the body than I would like, it isn't really any trouble though. As you can see in the pics the top is angled away from your body. That's just nit-picking stuff. They have done exactly what I wanted them to do and they are imho worth more than what I paid for them.

They didn't list the Neos ones on eBay so I asked about them and they told me what part number to order. They were very helpful. Same price, really fast shipping and you get extra connecting pins and spacer blocks for the belt holder.

At the time I bought mine they were not making any of the double stack mags. From what I remember the only place you can get them is eBay or Amazon.

Cool, I've had similar experiences. Still running good though.

"Cool, I've had similar experiences. Still running good though."

Yep, they work extremely well. I wouldn't mind them being 1/4 to 1/2 inch farther apart. They don't need to be though, just a personal preference. I could mount them individually if I wanted instead of pinning them all together. They did make some models at the time that would allow for mounting them with Tek-Lok's, just not for my Neos. Plus that would have been a more expensive solution than I was looking for to shoot a 22.

I like them a lot and have recommended them to several others who have seen me with them at a match.

I've thought about making some or asking them to make some. The mags are 5/8" apart. Considering I've had them since June and not having done it yet tells me I'm just being anal about it. It's worth trying though. Hardly any of us leave something exactly the way it was when we bought it. :)

Edited by promtcy

Hello: These look pretty interesting. I wonder if they could make a spacer link to space the mags out further? I wonder if they make some for S&W model 41 mags or Browning 22 mags. Would be good for the action pistol matches we have here that allow 22's. Thanks, Eric