Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

eAMP Magazine pouches. Anyone seen these?

Scrmblr

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure I'll try it in a lot of variations. The pins are super easy to remove and replace (but they are very secure and each pouch has belt loop so no worries). It's a pretty neat platform, and the price of two DAA pouches. Not hating on anyone's pouches, I'd just rather spend the money on mags and ammo to fill them.

Edited by Scrmblr

I was just about to order 4 Ghost 360 pouches for my 9mm XDM mags. Then I found this post. I've been wanting to try bullets out and these seem very economical. The reviews in this thread seem promising. Anybody have any additional input before I order one way or the other?

just saw they have them for 22/45 mags. will get some. :) not sure I'd run them in IPSC but for SC they'll be fine.

I'm going to run them for USPSA Single Stack in a couple weeks, so I'll post how they (I) do. I feel pretty good in dry fire drills, and low pressure live drills.

The only negative I can think of for USPSA/IPSC type stuff is that I don't see an easy way to tilt them forward or backward, etc. I haven't found that to be an issue for me because I'm still fairly new and I'm not really sure what I want yet. I'm also just using a 22 and shooting less than 30 round stages. I've just noticed that lots of people using center fire have mag pouches that are not always straight up and down. I do like the small foot print on the belt though.

When the angle of the magazine becomes the impediment to my improvement, I'll examine the problem again. Right now, I bleed time in many other areas that need attention. The eAMP pouches seem to hold things securely, conveniently, and let them go when I want them, for much less $$ than the alternative, even if I find pouches used in the Classifieds.

Hello: Couldn't they just make a link piece like a motorcycle flat link and use the same type of pins? Just thinking it would be easier to make flat link pieces than a "U" pin. Thanks, Eric

Funny you should say that. They sent me (in the reply to my question) a picture of a link like you mentioned.

They said these are these prototypes, so who knows if they'll end up the same.

Hello: Those would work even better. More secure and still space them out. Now to see if they will fit my S&W Model 41 mags? I may get some for my single stack as well since I sold all that stuff off a while back. Thanks, Eric

Got my mag pouches in today. I'll get them on the belt later tonight. In an extra package they sent me 5 of the prototype spacers. I didn't even ask for them or pay. I'll put up a review at some point. If I can get in some dryfire this week I might just run them at the Illinois Sectional match this Saturday.

Got my mag pouches in today. I'll get them on the belt later tonight. In an extra package they sent me 5 of the prototype spacers. I didn't even ask for them or pay. I'll put up a review at some point. If I can get in some dryfire this week I might just run them at the Illinois Sectional match this Saturday.

I'm really interested in your match experience with them. I won't get to a match until the 27th.