Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

eAMP Magazine pouches. Anyone seen these?

Scrmblr

Ordered a set for my dad for Single Stack. I asked for them to include a set of the wider spacers, so hopefully they throw a package of them in.

Got my mag pouches in today. I'll get them on the belt later tonight. In an extra package they sent me 5 of the prototype spacers. I didn't even ask for them or pay. I'll put up a review at some point. If I can get in some dryfire this week I might just run them at the Illinois Sectional match this Saturday.

Can you post a picture of the pouches with the spacers installed?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the double stack with 4 mags and 3 spacers on the belt. The SS pouches have 2 spacers. I'm thinking I might want 1 more spacer.

Looks good! I did a bunch of reload dry-fire this afternoon and I am pretty happy with the results. Next match is on the 27th.

Nice, those look really good. I wish I had thought to ask them about making spacers when I got mine months ago and realized I wanted them. :) I'm glad you guys followed up on this.

As for bullets out vs. bullets forward, for me it's always been about my natural wrist position with my arms at my side. Mine is with my thumbs pointed forward, so bullets out is more natural for me. I learned from my brother in law, who is a golf teaching pro, that not everyone is that way. Some people have their thumbs pointed more inward towards the thigh. I hadn't even thought about it before I heard him talking about that with a student one day.

Just a little bit of FYI: They are expanding their line a bit more and are now making some pouches with screw attachments for either ELS forks or Tek-Lok's. Here is an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-22A-22S-Beretta-U22-Neos-Dual-Mag-Pouch-Safariland-ELS-TEK-LOK-MagP0038-/151412315901?hash=item2340e096fd

Once I get my ELS belt setup for USPSA and 3Gun I can now include my rimfire in that. Awesome.

They are also working on making the products available directly from a website, you can sign up for the mailing list here: http://www.mcedigitalarmory.com/mcedigitalarmory/Welcome.html

I should be shooting Wed the 23rd with some spacers installed, I assume they are going to work great. I will post my experience with them.

Just a little bit of FYI: They are expanding their line a bit more and are now making some pouches with screw attachments for either ELS forks or Tek-Lok's. Here is an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-22A-22S-Beretta-U22-Neos-Dual-Mag-Pouch-Safariland-ELS-TEK-LOK-MagP0038-/151412315901?hash=item2340e096fd

Once I get my ELS belt setup for USPSA and 3Gun I can now include my rimfire in that. Awesome.

They are also working on making the products available directly from a website, you can sign up for the mailing list here: http://www.mcedigitalarmory.com/mcedigitalarmory/Welcome.html

I should be shooting Wed the 23rd with some spacers installed, I assume they are going to work great. I will post my experience with them.

Good luck today. Let us know how it goes. I shoot this Sunday.

I ran the mag spacers yesterday for my Neos, they work great. I got the 1/4" spacers. Tbh at first I thought they might be too far apart. The distance between my mags without spacers is 5/8", with the spacers it's 1 1/8". The pouches themselves are 1/2" farther apart. I think part of that is due to the design of the Neos magazine. It has a thumb knob on the side for reloading that makes the pouches themselves wider than some others. That's my theory anyway. :)

They turned out to be pretty much perfect. They worked great and I wasn't concerned at all about somehow catching the next mag with my hand. I hadn't ever done that, yet it was a thought that went through my mind whenever I had to reload more than once. Removing a potential distraction is always nice. They didn't take up much more over-all space and didn't affect function at all. I'm very happy with them. The best thing is it provides me with options on how I want to space things. Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference in the world. I give them a huge thumbs up.

I'm trying to include a pic. Hopefully I do this correctly. The first two pouches have no spacer, there is a spacer between the next two mags. I rotated them so they would be slightly curved like they were going around my hip. At the top is the spacer and pins along with a Neos mag so you can see the knob I mentioned. On the right side is the top of the pouch so you can see how they have to account for that knob.

DSCF0267.jpg

I'd really be interested in hearing how they are working for the people who bought them for single and double stack centerfire guns.

The pouches that my dad ordered for his single stack setup arrived on monday. I dry fired with them a bit and I was getting pretty comfortable, but they need to be lower cut to grab the magazine better. I dropped a 2 45 rounds in the pouches (to raise them about an inch) and it worked fine. Probably going to engineer some spacers for the bottom of the pouches.

We went to the range on Tuesday and got to try them out in live fire, and so far my dad has no complaints. I may end up ordering a set for my production belt, they are certainly nice enough for me. Just need to either make the pouches lower or the mags sit taller with a spacer in the bottom..

Great to hear everyone is having a good experience with them so far. I'm going to be using mine in a couple of fairly big matches coming up over the next few weeks. At least that's the plan. I'm really considering trying them out for my two Para's for USPSA and 3Gun as well. I've been thinking I would use DAA Racer's, I'm kind of thinking I may try these out instead. I won't be ready for a month or two though.

Eric, very cool to about the model 41. I haven't seen a single one of those around here. Very cool gun.

MCE Digital Armory has completed the testing of the spacers and is now shipping them & extra pins with all orders. If you ordered within the last 60 days and want a set you can contact them and they will provide a FREE set. (bottom of the page at www.mcedigitalarmory.com) Prices across the board will be going up with the inclusion of the spacers and pins so if you're planning to purchase pouches you may want to do it soon before the price increase.

David: I got the mag pouches for my Model 41 and they fit perfectly. Great product and a great price. I love shooting the model 41 with a C-More on top and a Bully barrel with comp. Thanks, Eric

That's great to hear Eric. I'd love to see your Model 41 with the C-More and Bully barrel. You should post some pictures when you have time. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Those of you who received the spacers with your pouches..... are you using them? Are you finding them necessary? I understand a lot of shooters are using them between the first couple pouches but as the pouch daisy-chains around the circumference of the waist the spacing naturally opens enough that the spacers aren't necessary?