Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights for glock 21

ICEMAN550

My glock 21 gen 4 is my favorite glock I own, but is the only one with factory sights. I have 3 dot nights or tru glo tfo on my other glocks. I wanted something different for the 21. I am looking for something durable for duty use , but better for competition. Is there such a sight? So far I am considering the vickers elite battesight by Wilson combat, trijicon HD and dawson or warren with a red fiber optic front sight. I have heard good and bad about the Vickers sights and the HDs. Looks like the HD give a good sight picture and I like that the the rear sights only become 3 dot NS in low light. I have heard that due to the thickness of the FS that precision accuracy is difficult. With the Vickers sight I have read many people have had problems with getting the right height front sight. The black warren or dawson sights with a fiberoptic FS seems to be more popular for competition, but worried about the durability of a fiberoptic FS. Anyway, I always get good advice on this forum and hopefully I have given enough information on what I am looking for. All options are open at this point and hopefully someone can give me some ideas. I want to order something this week. Thanks in advance for any responses!

Competition style fiber optic, Dawson is probably the most rugged. The front base of sight is flared out and is more stable/contact with slide. The fiber optic is supported on the sides, whereas most like sevigny or tti, the fiber is very exposed.

I have standard trijicons on my glock 17, 19, 22. My 26 has truglo tfo. Anyone use the trijicon HD's? They look like they would be a good sight for both, but that front sight may be a little wide.

I have tfos on my carry/comp Glock. I am really pleased with them. The front sights pretty bright in daylight, plus night sights that you only notice at night. I've only used these and the stock sights, so I can't compare, but I like the tfos.

I think the trjicons seem to be better for low light and for one armed down/disabled shooting than TFO sights, but TFO are better outside in daylight. For indoor shooting the TFO are ok, but I find the rear sights stand out too much as I get older. Could be an age thing where I need a bright front sight that is easy to line up and focus on. I really can't complain about either just looking to try something different with the glock 21. This gun is stock and the trigger is as good as my glock 22 that has a 3.5 connector, heavy trigger spring and polished. Had the lighter striker in my 22, but I like the positive reset of a stock like trigger better for some reason. The 21 just seems to fit my hand better.

• 1 month later...

Take a look at these. I have a set on a G34 & G19 and are very pleased.

http://www.wayofthegun.us/proctor-y-notch-sight-set-for-large-frame-45-and-10mm-glock-pistols/

I have these on my Glock 17 and have really liked them so far for range use, this weekend will be my first uspsa match and ill report back on them.

fyi, i had TFO sights before these and while they would be nice SD sights i like the WOTG y-notches much better for everything else.

Some guys like to run fiber optic fronts for competition, some like black on black. While the FO front seems to jump out more, it is also easier to put the FO on top of the rear sight rather than flush, and then it goes high. Taran makes the smallest, brightest and closet to the top of the front sight. They stand up pretty well to competition use. Personally I don't care for "ear" cuts on the inside or outside, nor for the U notched backs. My most favorite setup is standard Heines and cut the rear open to .180"

Competition style fiber optic, Dawson is probably the most rugged. The front base of sight is flared out and is more stable/contact with slide. The fiber optic is supported on the sides, whereas most like sevigny or tti, the fiber is very exposed.

More exposed fiber = brighter dot. Very beneficial, especially if you have bad eyes. :goof:

More exposed fiber = brighter dot. Very beneficial, especially if you have bad eyes. :goof:

Yep! Just giving the original poster my observation since I have all 3