Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matchsaverz

mattmann

I am sure this has been gone over before but my search function is screwing up on tapatalk and I'm at work so.....

How does one install the matchsaverz on there gun? Do yall drill into your gun or do you only use velcro? I am wanting to do this tonight and need some advice. Thanks in advance.

Fyi....mossberg 930 jm pro

I don't know about on a 930, but on my 1301 I had to countersink the inside of the fore end to keep the Chicago screw flush inside. Otherwise it would interfere with the action bar (or whatever it's called) and I don't imagine that would be a good thing. Also, measure twice, drill once. I've seen a few fore ends with holes all over them...

Ptng, above, has is right.

I made my own from blue PVC pipe just because I could, used a screw and velcro, and cut two parallel lines in the mushroom head of a Chicago nut, so the resulting rectangle fit in the existing groove inside the JM930 handguard. Works great.

BTW, have you considered the enlarged bolt release button made by Oregon3Gun, logistix, who posts on these forums? Complements

your new Matchsaver.

Edited by mpom

Think you can post some pics of your set up? How do yall judge where to install? No I haven't thought if one of those? I know skytac is who I got my lifter through and I thought the bolt release was already oversized? Is it bigger than stock? Thanks for the help!

Try it with Velcro only in practice BEFORE you drill your handguard. After a couple of matches I gave up on mine as it was more trouble than it was worth - on the rare occasion when I needed it, the shell was not there (fell off, walked forwards etc.). Now I have a "lightening hole" in my handguard.

post-13860-0-24497000-1438816468_thumb.jpost-13860-0-46211500-1438816481_thumb.jpost-13860-0-32145500-1438816492_thumb.jHere are some photos of my home made copy. Used a screw and nut as well as velcro. Its solid. Did add a couple of rubber washers so device sits level with velcro.

Edited by mpom

Yep, using their spacer tube and spring plunger. Improvised and modified my forearm retainer to work like theirs before it was on the market, so no need. Was skeptical of the need for the parts, but they do make sense, and they are well made. Some people have had bad experiences with the JM930, as you can find out by running a search, and consider it a turd, but my polished turd is running well, and I like the challenge :)

Remove forearm, drill, and rivet matchsaver on. You can drill out rivet if you no longer need matchsaver on and/or purchase a new forearm. Being made of plastic they shouldn't cost that much.

Or you could use velcro and someday shove the whole matchsaver and shell into your receiver during the heat of battle. :goof::surprise::goof:

Remove forearm, drill, and rivet matchsaver on. You can drill out rivet if you no longer need matchsaver on and/or purchase a new forearm. Being made of plastic they shouldn't cost that much.

Or you could use velcro and someday shove the whole matchsaver and shell into your receiver during the heat of battle. :goof::surprise::goof:

Rivet...hmmmm