Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I found n320

magpulled

Powder Valley has 4 lb jugs in stock. Even with hazmat and shipping, it'll be a little less than $40/lb. Order a few more lbs and/or some primers and you'll be far ahead.

I love n320 but there are several other powders that works just as well for a lot less $.

Is N320 much cleaner, or the felt recoil is different? Let's say vs. Titegroup? I have access to N320 but I never bothered to buy them because for $15 less per lb I can get Titegroup that works well for me, except it runs a bit dirty...

Is N320 much cleaner, or the felt recoil is different? Let's say vs. Titegroup? I have access to N320 but I never bothered to buy them because for $15 less per lb I can get Titegroup that works well for me, except it runs a bit dirty...

What I have found with n320 is a powder that does everything extremely well. Yes, it shoots soft and very clean, but also very consistent. The powder itself is a light gray tube shape that meters very well, its physically a little larger in size so it fills the case better and the color makes it easy to see inside the case before placing a bullet on top. Since it has slightly larger granules it doesnt leak from my powder measure like many other powders do. It doesnt stick to the sides of the powder measure, the plastic funnel I use to put back unused powder between loading sessions, or anything else that I have seen so far. Every part of using it is just plain better than any other powder I have used so far. The cost part doesnt bother me as its only about 1 cent per shot or less. I have quite a bit of titegroup and SR7625 on hand that have been my go to powders mainly, and shooting those powders vs n320 yield very similar results but given the whole big picture from start to finish n320 is just plain better.

What I have found with n320 is a powder that does everything extremely well. Yes, it shoots soft and very clean, but also very consistent. The powder itself is a light gray tube shape that meters very well, its physically a little larger in size so it fills the case better and the color makes it easy to see inside the case before placing a bullet on top. Since it has slightly larger granules it doesnt leak from my powder measure like many other powders do. It doesnt stick to the sides of the powder measure, the plastic funnel I use to put back unused powder between loading sessions, or anything else that I have seen so far. Every part of using it is just plain better than any other powder I have used so far. The cost part doesnt bother me as its only about 1 cent per shot or less. I have quite a bit of titegroup and SR7625 on hand that have been my go to powders mainly, and shooting those powders vs n320 yield very similar results but given the whole big picture from start to finish n320 is just plain better.

I'd second pretty much all of that and add that I get incredibly low standard deviation from it and it is very temperature stable.

N320 is way cleaner than Tightgroup. The brass is about 1000 degrees cooler when you go to pick it up after being shot. Not that that really matters, just a fact.

For feel, the best way to describe is with equal PF charges, using a baseball analogy, Tightgroup feels like catching a hard thrown baseball right on the palm of your glove. N320 feels like you caught the same ball in the webbing. Don't get me wrong....I'm not saying N320 is soft. You literally have to shoot them side by side to feel the difference.

personally i like the clean burning and feel of 320, and gladly pay the higher price.

I used a few different powders before n320 and read so many good things about it I had to try. Now that I use n320 for 9 minor .40 minor and major I have to say performance wise I don't think it lives up to the hype in my experience. my loads don't feel any softer than some other powders and the standard deviations are similar. It is however the cleanest burning I've used, especially when loading on the lower end charges in comparison. It's still my first choice tho despite the cost because of that and all the load info out there for it is nice to reference.

Thanks for the info. I gota try N320 sometime. I heard it is identical to titegroup as far as powder weight goes. 3gr N320 = 3gr Titegroup, right?

i always found that it took +.2 or .3 more n320 v. titegroup.

Speaking of N320 anybody have a load for 124 gr RN Xtreme bullets?

not looking for competition loads just range loads 1150 FPS

Thanks Matt

Xtreme 124

1.145 oal

4.0 grains

4.7 barrel

1050 fps just over minor pf

Edited by Garmil

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...