Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-treme primers

valerko

Anybody is using them ? Price seems right and if they on par with federal , I'd like to try them.

I'm assuming these are the ones X-treme munitions is using in their re manufactured ammo. Although I don't use their ammo , haven't heard anything bad.

Any input appreciated.

I looked at them and I will assume they are getting someone else to repackage their primers into xtreme packaging. Since they say they are similar to the hardness of CCI primers I would guess that is who is doing it for them.

If you have ever seen primers being made you know it isn't something that a company can just start doing without an incredible amount of $.

Yes, That was part of what I was saying. The priming compound can only be worked when wet and when it dries it is very dangerous. The part of the facility that mixes and spreads the priming compound into the plates is kept very wet. Very complicated process and facility needed, not something that can be done easily.

Mark - I look forward to your report on the testing of these primers and powder. I'm starting to run low on critical items, and your findings may be the push I need to try something different.

• 1 month later...